Monday, 29 August 2022
  7 Replies
  499 Visits
Votes
Undo
Good morning

When I try to edit a module ( type JEvents - Latest Events Module) it shows this error:

0 syntax error, unexpected end of file JROOT/administrator/components/com_jevents/fields/jevcustomlayout.php:173

I'm working with JEvents v3.6.39 Stable and Joomla! 3.10.11

Thank you for any advice on advance.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry for the delayed response :(

This is strange - can you try reinstalling JEvents. The error implies this file is corrupted somehow

If that doesn't help can you enable Joomla debug mode and give us the full context of the error.

If that doesn't help can you unzip and upload that file for me to take a look at?

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I'm facing the same issue.

syntax error, unexpected end of file
/home/html/ktsvedernik.sk/public_html/administrator/components/com_jevents/fields/jevcustomlayout.php:173

Previously I reinstalled the JEvents (3.6.48). No change. I'm using Joomla 3.10.11 and Iconic Theme 3.6.7.

Today I updated to version 3.6.52. No change.
I downloaded the zip file and compared jevcustomlayout.php on my server with the one in zip-package (3.6.52). No difference.

Eventually could you advise me, where to change the date limitation for Latest Events (in database?). Unfortunately, I have limitation for past events till 20221231.

Many thanks in advance for replay.

BTW: I attached the php file downloaded from my server and call stack from debug mode.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
1. unexpected end of file - this is strange. This file hasn't changed for over a year!

Can you enable Joomla debug mode so we can get more context of where the error arises?

2. Date limit - there is a min and max year config set in the main JEvents config. I suspect this needs updating in your JEvents config

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
p.s. Sorry - I just spotted the zip file :( Taking a look for clues now

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Doesn't really make any sense - what version of PHP do you use?

I have a wild idea of what is the cause of this problem - can you unzip and upload this replacement file

If you are using PHP 8.2 - it may help. I can't find anything in the docs that would explain why this change may be needed but I'm wondering if this may help

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

I’m using PHP version 7.2.

Based on your response regarding the PHP version I changed the setting to PHP version 7.4. After this change the problem (0 syntax error, unexpected end of file jevcustomlayout.php:173) doesn’t occur anymore.

In next step I returned the PHP to version 7.2. Even in this state I had no problem with access to JEvents Latest Events Module. I can access the configuration page and change the “Selected categories – leave blank for all”, what was my problem (to be able show new events belonging to new categories).

It seems that the update to higher version of Joomla and PHP resulted in inconsistent state. I suggest the switch to PHP version 7.4 probably corrected some data.

Further, I went to my backup on localhost to try to reproduce the problem (database: 10.1.37-MariaDB; webserver: Apache/2.4.37 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.1.1a PHP/7.2.13.)

On the localhost I was able to repeat the problem. Then I replaced the file jevcustomlayout.php received from you. After another access to configuration page of JEvents Latest Events Module I was able to change the settings. So, your new php file works fine with PHP 7.2.

In the attachment you can see the comparison (differences) of two files - jevcustomlayout.php (yours and previous on localhost).

With kind regards M.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for your insights - PHP 7.4 is no longer under active support from PHP developers and PHP 7.2 is even older. I would recommend you use PHP 7.4 and upgrade to 8.1 as soon as you can

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Members Area

Show your support

Unlike many Joomla calendars we do not charge to download JEvents - please show your support for this project by becoming a member of the JEvents Club Club members get access to early releases, exclusive member support forums, and Silver and Gold members can use many exciting JEvents addons

Your membership will ensure that JEvents continues to be the best events calendar for Joomla.