Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Problem with tooltip  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby modbo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 am

Activating "Tooltip" (Joomla or overlib) in the backend it doesn´t work in calender.

Example @20.04.
http://www.wolfsburger-kanu-club.de/ueb ... /04/-.html

When deactivated event shows correct, but even without tooltip.

Any help?
modbo

Postby Geraint » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Have you customised the layout of the calendar cell? Try disabling this customisation.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby modbo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I have toggled both options, but the problem exists since install of jevents. At the moment all layout customistation disabled. Problem still exists.
modbo

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello,

You have some thing loading jQuery and it is clashing with the Official Mootools Library.

It needs to be loaded in no.conflict mode.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby modbo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Ok, thx. Found installed Widgetkit from Yootheme (old Template test). It`s deactivated now - but the problem still exists :(
modbo

Postby carcam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Something is making your site to not display a proper cell of the calendar. You can notice the problem just checking before the text of the event. I think you are using a plugin or custom js file that is making your site to add "rel='' " to your links and that seems to be the problem.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby modbo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

Hm... I wonder, because I only have the problem at the calendar. Nothing is changed at the core files.

I only found the code rel=" " in calendar_cell.php
Code: Select all
function tooltip($tooltip,  $link)
{
//$tooltip   = addslashes(htmlspecialchars($tooltip));
$tooltip   = htmlspecialchars($tooltip,ENT_QUOTES);
$tip = '<span class="editlinktip hasjevtip" title="'.$tooltip.'" rel=" ">'.$link.'</span>';
return $tip;
}
modbo

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:34 am

The code htmlspecialchars should replace all the tags in the tooltip with escaped equivalents - see http://php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php. On your site this escaping is not happing OR you have a plugin that is undoing this work afterwards.

But your tooltip isn't outputting &lt; its actually outputting <

So it either something else you have installed on your site or you have a serious bug in the version of PHP you have - I suspect its the first of these
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby modbo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am

My php version is PHP-Version 5.3.18-nmm1.

Hard to me to find, because my knowledge is very low to this.
modbo

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 am

What system plugins have you installed? try disabling them
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)