Pre-Sales

Fake RSVP to Events

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby specops2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 am

Forgive me if this is a feature you already have. I've been looking around and might have missed it. Is there a way to fake rsvps for events with jevents? If not with your components do you know of a way to make it work with jomsocial?
specops2

Postby Geraint » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:41 am

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fake rsvp'??

If you mean sending invitations to events and confirming attendance then this is a feature of RSVP Pro - the event organiser can send invitations and monitor who has viewed the event and who is coming. See the demo video http://www.jevents.net/jevents-club/demo-videos
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby specops2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Sorry what I meant to ask was, is there a way for the event organizer to add guests that are not registered to attend? Like for instance just put a 15-20 guests in that are not registered with the site.

Also, separately is there a way for guests to select that they're attending an event?
specops2

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello,

Yes, providing they have email based attendance enabled.

Yes, same as above :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby specops2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Hey Tony can you give me a little more information on how this might work? Maybe a link to where I can see something in action?
specops2

Postby Tonyp » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:30 am

Hello,

It works by requiring an email address on the front end.

When manually adding guests you can add them when viewing the sessions attendees, and add the users individually.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am

To clarify:

You can setup a registration session where attendees can add guests e.g. booking a table at a gala dinner. In this case you can either set it up as 'number of seats required' OR as an 'add guest' tab. With the 'add guest' tab you would be able to add the names, dietary requirements etc. of each of your guests.

All that information is captured within the main attendee registration.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby appiandigital » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Geraint, How would you sent up the ability for a user to add guests. I have been looking and cannot find such an area.
appiandigital

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Hello,

You just need to set the fields in the RSVP Pro template to apply to either Guest only OR each individual. And then the guest button will show.

Thanks
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby appiandigital » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Okay, I thought so. I wasn't sure if i was missing something because the Add Guest button is not working.
appiandigital

Next

Return to Pre-Sales