JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Latest JEvents - Sorting Upcoming Events By Category

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby CerusVI » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Trying to figure out if this is possible or not without needing to hack the module: I have two categories, one for "local" events, and one for "national" events, I have the Latest JEvents module displaying 5 upcoming events over the next 7 days, but I'd like national events to sort above the local events to the top of the list when they're within that 7 day period, example:

Currently:
local - April 5th
local - April 6th
local - April 7th
national - April 8th
local - April 9th

vvv (not shown) vvv

national - April 10th
local - April 11th
etc.

Desired:
national - April 8th
national - April 10th
local - April 5th
local - April 6th
local - April 7th

Is this possible without editing the module? I see a club feature called "priority events" but can't tell if that would be of any help here.
CerusVI

Postby Geraint » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 am

At present the only sorting that can be done with the latest events module out of the box is by date order.

But there are club member articles about creating template overrides for the output of the latest events module e.g. grouping the results by day etc. As a silver member you could use either the locations addon, the tags addon or the custom fields addon to specify local v.s. national and we could help you create a template override to sort the results and show the national or priority results first.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)