Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How-to for AutoTweet NG

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ExtKerwejugend » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Hello everybody!

I just saw that AutoTweet NG (ver 6.4.4) offers the possibility to work with Jevents (ver 2.2.8). I use Joomla 2.5.9.

So I have two questions:

1: Where can I get this add-on?
2: Is there anything I have to take a look at to configure / make it working?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Stefan
ExtKerwejugend
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello Stefan,

You need a Silver Subscription to get our AutoTweet NG Plugin and you also need an AutoTweet NG Subscription to get their component :).

You will need to configure the AutoTweet NG component and our plugin.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ExtKerwejugend » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Alright, this brings two more questions:

1: I already use AutoTweet (but not in Pro version). Is this enough?
2: I am the webmaster of a small non-commercial entertainment organisation and we can't afford this costs! I'd only need the Facebook plugin. Was there another solution? :oops:
Last edited by ExtKerwejugend on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExtKerwejugend
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello,

1. Yes this is fine

2. You get it here:
http://www.jevents.net/jevents-club/joi ... lub/levels

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ExtKerwejugend » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Sorry, just edited!
ExtKerwejugend
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 am

We have a standalone silver member addon that pushes JEvents events to Facebook as Facebook events (not to the wall). This doesn't require an AutoTweet subscription.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ExtKerwejugend » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 am

That sounds great! Could you please give me a link? :)
And then, just to be sure:

With that plugin I can create an event with Jevents that will be shown on my website normally (so like every other Jevents event) and it's also being pushed to my Facebook fan page via AutoTweet?
And every update within Jevents will change the event within Facebook as well?
ExtKerwejugend
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 am

See http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... ok-updates (only available to silver and gold members)

Yes - event changes are passed through to Facebook too and also when event is unpublished it is removed from Facebook. BUT you must remember not to DELETE events without unpublishing them first since this will not work (for technical reasons).

Remember this is not via AutoTweet and it will create a Facebook event on your Fanpage and not push to the wall.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ExtKerwejugend » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Thank you! But now I'm confused: How can I get a standalone member addon if I can enter the page only as a silver member?! So I need a silver membership although, don't I?
First I understood it is possible to get this addon without a membership (of course after a payment - but only for the addon and not for the whole membership)...

Code: Select all
Remember this is not via AutoTweet and it will create a Facebook event on your Fanpage and not push to the wall.

What do you mean with that? If I create an event in Facebook it will appear on the wall autmatically. So you mean this won't happen if I create it with Jevents? Is this right?

Thanks for all your help!
ExtKerwejugend
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

What I mean by standalone is that it doesn't require AutoTweet

The event will appear in your Facebook events page and in the 'new' timeline layout but not in the old Facebook wall where you post comments.
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)