Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Email function is not working for reminders / cancellations.

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby davis31b » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:44 am

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
component_com_rsvppro : 1.9.4
layout_extplus : 2.5.7
plugin_jevents_jevhiddendetail : 1.2.1
plugin_jevents_jevrsvppro : 1.9.4

I had a Gold membership but it expired and can't afford to renew it. I migrated hosting providers using Akeeba Backup. Everything works fine except jevents will no longer send emails, primarily the cronjob & I have it setup to send out an email on cancellations only. I even copy & paste the link to the cron job (http://www.mywebsite.com/plugins/jevents/jevrsvppro/rsvppro/sendreminders.php) and get the following message:

whole event cutoff = 2013-03-20 04:00:58
found 2 rows
found reminders for 2 event/users.
found reminders for 2 event/users.
FAILED TO SEND message to C*****
FAILED TO SEND message to J*****
FAILED TO SEND message to M*****
FAILED TO SEND message to C*****
Send 0 reminders - 4 remain

I have tested Joomla through the Users --> Mass Mail Users function and it sends out emails successfully. However when I create a new user, it does NOT send out an email, it adds the user and gives me this message: Could not instantiate mail function.

Do you have any ideas on what I need to do? Thanks.
davis31b
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 am

Hello,

This means that your new hosting provider has a more strict email settings.

I would suggest contacting them as to what you should set your Joomla! Install to, and try again.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)