JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

JomSocial Layout and Activity Streams Compatibility

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby havocwreaker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 am

Hi,

I guess I must have lost my subscription. I can't access the other member areas any more. Is there a place I can verify my membership status?

On to my main question. Does anyone know if the JomSocial Layout and Activity Streams (JEvents 2) is compatible with JEvents 3?

I would like to upgrade to JEvents3, but I don't want to lose the cron job import into the JEvents calendar from Jomsocial.
havocwreaker

Postby Tonyp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am

Hello,

Just login to the home page:

http://www.jevents.net/

And you should see a module on the right hand side.

Yes it is compatible with JEvents 3 and no you will not loose any settings upgrading. But it is always a good idea to take a backup first :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am

The old plugin cannot be installed in Joomla 3.0 since it no longer supports the backwards compatible Joomla 1.5 compatible system we used in Joomla 2.5.

So - upgrading JEvents to 3.0 should cause no problems but you will not be able to upgrade to Joomla 3.0
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby havocwreaker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you gentlemen. As always, I appreciate the support I get here. I will do a backup and upgrade JEvents to v3.0.
havocwreaker

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:19 am

If you need to go back for some reason you can install version 2.2.8 over the top BUT make sure you 'downgrade' all the modules and plugins that are part of the JEvents core package.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)