JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Pls give me a hand ...  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby JohnDelay » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello,

a customer of mine wants me to buid a Joomla 3.0 with an event component with at least 3 access levels (admin - end clients - and franchisees inbetween). He wants to handle his franchise partners who in turn should be able to sell events to their end-clients by a shop / booking system. The system must contain a calendar that is searchable by city to let the end-clients find the right franchisees. It also should be possible for the administrator to sell info material to the franchisees. So here are my questions:
1. Would you please give me brief statement, if all that is possible with your extensions and which Membership package would best fit my needs?
2. What about virtuemart integration? You started a project called VM Tickets in earlier times - did you stop with that or is it integrated already? Couldn´t find more about it than this: (http://www.jevents.net/home-topmenu-3/1 ... for-events).
3. Don´t you sell something like a lifetime developer license? Because another customer asked me for something similar some days ago.

Thanks in advance & kind regards,

John (Germany)
JohnDelay
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Hello John,

I believe JEvents will meet your needs. You would need GOLD to use RSVP PRO which allows event tickets also.

Virtuemart is integrated through RSVP Pro.

At the moment we haven't migrated our VM plugins to Joomla! 3.0 as they are yet to update Virtuemart. They do not plan on updating VM till 3.5.

RSVP Pro for Joomla 3.0 should be released in the next few weeks.

We do not, however you can use what you have download an unlimited amount of times and on an unlimited amount of sites.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 am

JohnDelay wrote:He wants to handle his franchise partners who in turn should be able to sell events to their end-clients by a shop / booking system. The system must contain a calendar that is searchable by city to let the end-clients find the right franchisees. It also should be possible for the administrator to sell info material to the franchisees.

To elaborate on what Tony said a little:

I'll assume by "sell events to their end-clients" you mean event attendance registration/tickets. In which case RSVP Pro is what you need your franchisees would create events and setup their registration forms to collect the information/payments they need. This can be via Paypal, Authorize.net or using the payment gateways of Virtuemart (I've not looked at their multi-seller capability closely so we may need to adapt our plugin to support your multi-seller scenario).

Not sure what 'sell info material to franchisees' means - if its 'client only material' then you might want to look at Akeeba Subscriptions to handle that. It would allow your client to sell subscriptions to the frnachisees and these would control the permissions to create events and access rights to client specific material.

re the lifetime membership - its not something we have offered. It makes our accounting very complex since we would be taking in money in one year with a multi-year liability on the other side. All our addons are GPL licensed and can continue to be used after your membership expires. If you want ongoing support and access to new releases then you would renew your membership each year - we offer a discount on renewals (currently 20%).

Sites that offer a lifetime membership cannot realistically offer lifetime support. There are so many scenarios where this would fail - e.g. the Joomla project winds up/splinters into competing projects, PHP fades out of popularity (like COBOL) etc.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby JohnDelay » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello Tony, hello Geraint,

thanks a lot for your quick replies - great to read that.

@Tony: yes, you are right, that´s what I read about VM as well (so in May 2014 at the earliest ...). I used VM in the past for Joomla 1.5 projects as it was still quite buggy (in my opinion). At that time I changed to a more sophisticated stand alone shopping "system". Anyhow, though VM is/was developed by a single person these days (what deserves great respect) and is "just" a Joomla component, it´s still enourmously big and would may be to hard to handle for my client, I suppose.

@Geraint: no, it´s about selling some merchandising products and payed downloads to the franchisees. And yes, for selling permissions to the franchisees, Akeeba Subscriptions is in deed a very good solution. Does the ticket sale administration have to be managed from out the backend in any case? If yes, does that mean that the franchisees got to have (limited) access to the backend? Hmm ... do you see any other solution for that, e.g. some kind of event management from out the frontend?

But for the sales action between my client and his franchisees I still need a shopping cart that is Joomla 3.0 ready. Can you recommend another less voluminous cart component (with pay-per-download integrated), that works well with JEvents? I know, it probably does not have to communicate with JEvents - so my concern is for general compatibility.

@Geraint again: Thx for the details about the membership plans.

Best regards, John
JohnDelay
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am

Ticket sales can be managed in the frontend - you can create a special menu item where each franchisee would see a list of the sessions they have arranged and the attendees, their financial transactions etc. They can manage manual payments, offline registrations and cancellations etc. using this.

In the past I have been impressed with Hikashop (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... cart/14275) but I've not looked at it for a few months.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby JohnDelay » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am

Ok, thanks again for the details. I purchased the gold membership. I was a little supprised, when I recognized that there are no german translation files for the members extensions, hmmm ... did I miss something or is there any other way to get them?
Cheers John
JohnDelay
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi John,
actually German is one of our most up to date translation:

http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... joomla-2-5

All the Club addons translations are installed as a separate package, so just install the German package and all your JEvents addons will be translated.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby JohnDelay » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 pm

All right, thx a lot - my mistake. I probably downloaded the wrong package at first.

Cheers
JohnDelay
Gold Members

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)