Pre-Sales

Event Creation

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby ukphotoguy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:22 pm

I am looking at your product and so far like what I see, I have experience of other event components but want to upgrade to something better supported.
One question: I see you have event creation by users and can control the level of user that can add events. But I really need to be able to control the adding of events by venue/user. In other words have a user only able to add events to a designated venue and not be able to affect other users events. This is probably a fairly common request, ideally users would respect fellow events, but in the past I have had commercial events try to affect competing events. I am an experienced programmer and can change code and add this feature, but some feedback from you would help as your design may or may not make such a feature practicable. I would be using Joomla 2.5/3.x
ukphotoguy
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 am

The silver member addon 'managed locations' allows event creators to associate venues with events - with details of venue, map, photos, URLs and custom fields etc.

We have 2 types of locations - private and shared. This distinction relates to who can use the location - in other words a private location can ONLY be assigned to an event by the user who created the location whereas a shared location can be assigned by any event creator.

So I think this would meet your requirements from what I understand.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Pre-Sales