JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

CSS for Ext vs Extplus

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Fredie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 am

I'm trying to use the Extplus layout, but the main items in the display (i.e., the date, cell background, etc.) aren't showing. The icons and calendar frame are okay. How do I get them to display using the same, main body style/css that is used with the Ext layout. A screen shot showing the two side by side is attached.
ext-extPlusLayouts130221.jpg
ext-extPlusLayouts130221.jpg (65.34 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Fredie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am

After experimenting with the Extplus layout some more, I've discovered that some of it's options aren't saved/applied when selected. I have 'NO' selected for 'Site template has dark background' but it doesn't seem to be applied with the Extplus layout. With the Extplus layout, dark.css is shown as being used for the day of week. Also when I change the 'Color Scheme' for the 'Club Layout Option' for Extplus, the display doesn't chage. No matter what's selected, the default gray is displayed and after saving, the selection for 'Color Scheme' shows gray as being selected.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Please check
1. The settings in the menu item
2. That your club layouts are all up to date - there was a problem a while ago where some of the layouts shared the same config option names.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:42 pm

I've checked all menu/configuration settings and downloaded/re-installed the extplus layout, but it's still not displaying correctly. When I select a different color, it doesn't change and the calendar cell colors are still displaying white on white so the date and other info is unreadable.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Fredie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Some success. I found that the Site template has dark background Menu Setting wasn't set to No. After changing it to Yes, I can now see the individual cell dates, etc., but I'm still not able to use/change the style color using the Club Layout Options. No matter what I set it to, I get the gray layout.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

What other layouts did you install? The older JEvents 2.2 versions shared config option names - so try changing the colour settings on iconic and ruthin too.

Also check the menu item to make sure you are using extplus or global in the menu item parameters and NOT ext (which only exists in grey).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)