Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

using JCE editor  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sgriesbach » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 am

hi,
There are no JCE text editor icons or "Toggle Editor" button displayed when entering a new event from the frontend and the text editor is set to JCE and the user is not a Super User. That is to say, the JCE editor works fine from the frontend for a Super User but not others who are authorized via Joomla ACL to be calendar editors.

If I set the user's text editor to tinyMCE then they get the correct MCE text editor icons displayed and a "Toggle Editor" button below the input field.

The problem is unrelated to the browser; I tested on Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer and get the same result.

Version info:
Joomla: 2.5.9
JCE: 2.3.1
Jevents: 2.2.8

thanks,
Sue
sgriesbach
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Check the JCE editor settings - I think you can configure permissions for different groups of users and components in the frontend.

Do you see the JCE editor when creating articles in the frontend?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sgriesbach » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 pm

fixed thank you! I had to change the JCE group permissions to add JCE permission to the groups (categories) of calendar editors I created.
sgriesbach
Gold Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)