JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Can't create event in frontend  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Eremit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

JEvents 3.07stable
Joomla 3.03stable

In backend I can create every event als admin.

In frontend I tried to create an event as admin and as author. I gave all user the right to create events and activated themm but there is no "plus-symbol" in month-view where I can create the event.

Configuration problem?
I have a second website with Joomla 2.5 and no problem with jevents.

Thanks.

P.S. I can edit existing events in frontend in detail view.

Eremit
Eremit

Postby carcam » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 am

Can you please check if when hovering a day of your calendar as an user with permissions, the classes of the day block change?

or even easier, just change to one of Joomla! default templates and check if they symbol appears there. It might be an issue with your template.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Eremit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Hello,

thanks for the fast support.
I changed the template back to the original "Beez3".

When hovering over a day in month view I can see the hole week is changing the color. But the day has no "plus-symbol".

When using my template "MX_joofree9" nothing happens when hovering over the days or weeks in month view. No color change.

Eremit
Eremit

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Do you see the 'add event' link under the calendar?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Eremit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello,

there is no link under the calendar.
I have now the solution with a new menu in a sidebar for registered users to create a new event. It seems that this is working.

Second option:
I can create a user for you to test the plugin.

Eremit
Eremit

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

If you don't see the 'add event' link then you are not logged in as a user authorised to create an event.

Check your permission settings in Jevents.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Eremit » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Hello,

The users have access to create the events:

But logged in as user in frontend I can't create an event. I have to create a special menu with a link to create events.:
(I have deleted the usernames in the picture)

Eremit
Eremit

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 am

Do you see any javascript error messages?
Geraint

Postby Eremit » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:12 pm

No, there are no error messages or is there any option to turn on the debug messages?

Eremit
Eremit

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 am

If there are no error messages then you are not logged in as a user authorised to create events. Please double check your permission settings in JEvents and that you are actually logged in properly in the frontend
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)