Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Latest Event: incorrect date + multiple incorrect April 1st  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby npeeters » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Latest events module is working like a charm, displaying each event only once, except for the following single event.

I have a problem with displaying an event in the latest events module. Problem only exists if I set it to run from feb 1st 2013 to april 1st 2013 (all day event, multi: yes, no repeat). Change start (feb/2) or finish date (march/31) resolves the issue.

Other issue (probably related?) is that the events details page and the latest module, does not show correct date for March 31st. Details shows 31st (correctly), Latest shows March 30th.

I'm using Display Mode 2 (display 7 days), including past events, display repeating once (Yes), multi event: displ once even...

I'm currently thinking it's a locale issue, but don't know where to start...

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0 (not enabled)

PS: if interested, have small 'patch' to show images from all categories (in multi-category events).
npeeters

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am

When does your summer Time/DS Time start?

What timezone settings do you have in JEvents and Joomla?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby npeeters » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Joomla is on Brussels
JEvents is on Europe/Brussels
You're probably on the right track:
For Belgium daylight saving is on March 31st.

To me, strangest thing is that the 'year view' and the 'detail view' show the correct date. Latest Events does not.
Do they use different (PHP) functions for date/time formatting? Any additional option I can specify in there?
npeeters

Postby npeeters » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Changed time of the events ending on 31st of March and 1st of April (from unspecified to 5PM). Resolved the issue with different dates displaying in Latest events and event detail view. So definitely a DST issue.

However, single occurrence in Latest Events is not resolved. I have attached two screenshots of the same event: one with start on Feb1st and one with start on Feb2nd .
The one with Feb. 1st shows up multiple times in latest events, the one with Feb. 2nd does not...
Attachments
Feb2nd.png
Feb2nd.png (42.89 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
Feb1st.png
Feb1st.png (51.74 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
npeeters

Postby npeeters » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 pm

OK. Found the cause and it's not linked to DST.
There is a bug in latest.php from the mod_jevents_latest lines 351 - 354.
function getLatestEventsData
{...
                     if (($this->norepeat && $row->hasrepetition())
                           // use settings from the event - multi day event only show once
                           || ($this->multiday == 0 && $row->ddn() != $row->dup() && $row->multiday() == 0)
                           // override settings from the event - multi day event only show once/on first day
                           || (($this->multiday == 2 || $this->multiday == 3) && $row->ddn() != $row->dup() )
}

The problem lies in the last part of the condition ( multiday=3). If you select the same dayofmonth for start and end of the repeat, ddn and dup are the same, so condition is false so event gets added multiple times.

Now to find a solution that does not break other stuff. Did this get resolved in version 3? Meanwhile, will try to get to the bottom of this...
npeeters

Postby npeeters » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Did a quick fix. I cannot establish certainty if this is a final solution. Replace code from the previous post with the below. Mod is in the last line.
if (($this->norepeat && $row->hasrepetition())
   // use settings from the event - multi day event only show once
   || ($this->multiday == 0 && $row->ddn() != $row->dup() && $row->multiday() == 0)
   // override settings from the event - multi day event only show once/on first day
   || (($this->multiday == 2 || $this->multiday ==3) && ($row->ddn() != $row->dup() || $row->mdn() != $row->mup() || $row->ydn() != $row->yup()) )
npeeters

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:24 am

More good detective work - I'll implement this change in the next release of version 3.0 (with the same change in the middle condition too and in the similar block of code c. line 463).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)