JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Google Map not showing on frontend  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Fredie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:45 am

I have both the location and map addon installed with JEvents 3. When I enter a new location, the map and location is correctly displayed, but the map doesn't show on the front end. All that shows is a large blank space where the map should be. This is using the default view with both year and month view overrides. Firebug shows the following...
ReferenceError: google is not defined
[Break On This Error]

center: new google.maps.LatLng(39.74148941,-105.08314514),
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 am

Its possible that your template is not loading the google map script from google.

Is there a URL we can look at? If you want to keep the URL private from search engines then please start a new topic in the private club forums.

Please let you know your Joomla version and the managed locations version too.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Currently I'm running Joomla 3.0.2, JEvents 3.0.7, Locations 3.0.1 on my localhost development system.

How do I verify that the template is loading the Google maps script?
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 am

You may check for any javascript errors in your browser console and also take a look in the code and look for a line similar to this:

Code: Select all
  <script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&hl=es" type="text/javascript"></script>
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Fredie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Doing a search of the site, the only place where I can find "maps.googleapis.com" is in 'administrator\components\com_jevlocations\config.xml' and 'administrator\components\com_jevpeople\config.xml'.
Since maps works when I enter an JEvent on the backend, I don't get a javascript error on the backend. On the frontend, I get the follow error, 'ReferenceError: google is not defined
[Break On This Error]

center: new google.maps.LatLng(39.74148941,-105.08314514),'

How do I get the google maps script to load on the frontend for JEvents?
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Are you using any css/js compressor? If so it might be the cause of your issue as it seems it's not including locations js.

If you are not using it would be great to confirm that js is not being loaded, so can you please access that pages click on right button of your mouse, choose "view source code" (or similar) and post here the html code that is generated)?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Fredie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm using the T3V3, version 1.0.2 Framework in development mode (using LESS). It has an option for compressing CSS so I've tried in with CSS compression on and off, and with a forced compile of the CSS with the same results in all cases (white space where the map should be on the frontend). Per your request, I'm attaching a copy of the html file.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 am

Can you please zip the html file? the forum does not allow all file extensions I'm afraid.
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Fredie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Here's the html file, zipped
Attachments
JEvents-NotShowingMap130218.zip
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Did you configure the maps section of the locations component?

As I suspected the your site is not calling Google maps js file.
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)