JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Custom Fields Error  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Fredie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Even after uninstalling and reinstalling just JEvents 3.07 and the Custom Fields Plugin, 3.03, I get the following error whenever I access any events related page.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRegistry::setValue() in D:\13projects\_CSDweb\plugins\jevents\jevcustomfields\jevcustomfields.php on line 680

After reinstalling JEvents and Custom Fields I received a warning message saying that custom fields config feile fields.xml upated to fields_jform.xml and that the plugin needs to be changed, which I've have done.

What do I need to do to get JEvents Custom Fields to work?

Thanks..fred
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding - I'm on vacation this week only working a couple or hours day and one of the other main support person is moving house today ( :oops: )

Please change line
Code: Select all
$registry->setValue("indexedvisiblefilters", $indexedvisiblefilters);

to
$registry->set("indexedvisiblefilters", $indexedvisiblefilters);

and it should work. It is in a particular code combination that we had not tested - sorry for the inconvenience
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks... the code chage got rid of the error, but I'm still unable to use custom fields. Even thought I have them all selected/filled in, I'm receiving the following message when I try to save an event with the custom fileds activated.

The field (Select List) is required
The field (Text Field) is required
The field (Boolean) is required
The field (Multi Select List) is required
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 am

You have required="1" for these fields AND have filled in their values before submitting the form?

If so it sounds that though there could be a javascript clash on your site.

Does it work in the backend?

I'll need to look at the problem in action and run it through a javascript debugger - can you send me login details for a user who can create an event via PM so I can take a look?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Currently, JEvents is only installed on my localhost development machine. JEvents/Custome Fields do not work in the backend. I've gotten it to save, when adding a new event in the backedn by changing all of the required="1" to required="0" in the fields_jform.xml file.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Remember when you have a required field you MUST change the value from the default value e.g. if you have a text field with default="please give some text" and you do not change the text from "please give some text" it will say the required field has NOT been filled in. Is that what is happening?

Are you using the standard Joomla admin template? If not can you try that as a test.

Also try different WYSIWYG editor.

Any of that help?
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I've modified the fields_jform.xml so that there is only a single custom field (Radio List tooltip). When it's coded, required="1" I can't save the data even thought I've change the default setting. I've also tried with two different admin templates (isis and hathor) and three different editors, but with all of them, I can't save. I keep getting the 'The field (Radio List tooltip) is required' message.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello,

Try adding a 3rd options 'Please Select' and setting that option as default..

Does that work?

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Fredie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

Still no-go. 'Pleas Select' shows as the default item, but with 'No' selcted, I still can't save. Here's the fields_jform.xml file content.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<form><fields>
<fieldset addfieldpath="/plugins/jevents/jevcustomfields/customfields/" name="default">
<!-- Access levels 1=Public, 2=Registered, 3=Special etc. //-->
<field name="field5" type="jevcfradio" required="1" default="0" label="Radio List" description="Radio List tooltip" allowoverride="1" filter="1" filtermenusandmodules="1" filterdefault="0" access="1" requiredmessage="The field (Radio List tooltip) is required" readaccess="1">
<!-- radio MUST have numeric values//-->
<option value="0">Please Select</option>
<option value="1">No</option>
<option value="2">Yes</option>
</field>
</fieldset>
</fields></form>
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 am

Please change line 234 of plugins/jevevents/jevcustomfields/customfields/jevcfform.php to
if(testitem.name == name || "custom_"+testitem.name == name || testitem.id == name  || ("#"+testitem.id) == name  || testitem.hasClass(name.substr(1))){
from
if(testitem.name == name || testitem.id == name  || ("#"+testitem.id) == name  || testitem.hasClass(name.substr(1))){

Then the required check should work.
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)