Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Not able to execute upgradejevents.php

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby bficadmin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 am

I have searched the forum and can't find anything particular to my issue - although I think it is something simple that I am missing.

Joomla 2.5.6
jEvents 2.2.8

I have followed all of the steps in the jevents migration but when I get to the part to call the upgradejevents.php file, nothing happens. I get a 500 Internal Server error.

I am logged in the 2.5 site as a superadmin. I have put the file in the root of my 1.5 install. BUT this site is one of several on a main domain. They are set up as addon domains so I don't know if that is the issue. If I type in the entire url for the main site and then the subdomain, I get a 404 page not found.

I'm not sure what other info I should include but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BFIC
bficadmin

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:30 am

If all your domains are in the same host, they should be easily accessed via folders, so just try to use the same domain for both sites but differencing the URLS by the folders.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby bficadmin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Carcam - I have done that. Still can't run the script.
bficadmin

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:32 pm

How much is your PHP memory limit? Did the 1.5 site have lots of events and categories?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Also, did you remove the tables? a 500 error could be cause by not deleting the tables.

Also, make sure to disable debug and maximum error reporting on both sites.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby bficadmin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I did delete the tables and debugging and reporting is turned off on both sites. I only had about 12 categories and a couple of dozen events - definitely less than 50. The 1.5 site is bluesfestivalsincanada.ca - that will show how many events are in there.

I am now at my day job so can't answer the PHP question but will check when I get home tonight. I don't have my login info for the site with me.
bficadmin

Postby Tonyp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:41 pm

And were you logged into the 2.5 site before running the script?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby bficadmin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:19 am

Okay home from work.

PHP limit is set to 64M. Tables are deleted. Logged in to 2.5 site. Debugging and maximum reporting off. Still get the 500 error.

Just stuck on running the script. I have read the forums for all info regarding this issue but haven't found anything specific to the 500 error.
bficadmin

Postby carcam » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 am

Can you please try to increase your php limit? If you have lots of events and categories it might be causing the issue.
carcam
Team Staff

Postby bficadmin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

carcam - I wouldn't know how to do that. I use a hosting provider. Any direction on doing that would be appreciated.
bficadmin

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)