JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Using JEvents for Multiple Team Schedlues (youth sports club

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby stevenryals » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can use JEvents for my soccer club.
We have many teams, and a few different fields that we play at.

Can I possibly set it up so that I can have a "Master Schedlue" for each field, as well as having "Team Schedlues" ??

I've been working on it, but can't seem to get anything to work..

Any help would be appreciated.
stevenryals

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 am

Sure can using the managed people addon and managed locations addon.

I replied to your club forum post with more details./

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby betterinc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi Where can I see that post. Thanks a lot. I am looking to do the same with a Volleyball Club. Thank you much.
betterinc
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm

If you need any help of guidance setting it up let us know.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby betterinc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Mr. Geraint, Thank you so much for the offer. We are using tags for our internal event and tournaments. see us at wildfirevolleyball.com Currently in the process of migrating our existing registration software to JEVents The registration takes place usually once a year. The players register, for a try out we then publish team placements, the players log in and accept or decline placement. The acceptance goes with the financial responsibilities in other words the player accepts to be on the team and accepts the payments for the season. We need to manage collections and email distribution. We picked JEvents as our core component to handle all of this.
betterinc
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

Which parts of this are you looking to implement in JEvents and what using other component for Joomla.

e.g. are you looking as newsletter addons to handle email disribution
Geraint

Postby betterinc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Good day Geraint,

We are using AcyMailing for Newsletters and email distribution. And soon VirtueMart for our Ecommerce. And CB for our Online Membership management. And we hope to use only JEvents for our Team Management, and internal club registration processes. We have looked at other components such League Manager and others. The idea of just to use JEvents for all of this is good. We have our Tournaments up using JEvents and we use Tags to segregate our teams info. In the next few days, we will migrate our practice schedule to JEvents as well. The piece we are still puzzled is the CB integration. And the Team pages. We need to have Team Rosters, Team Pages with all the activities that the Team is having during the season. We do not know how to best approach this just yet.. THanks...
betterinc
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 am

Sounds like an interesting project.

if (or should I way when) you have more questions about setting up JEvents and the addons to achieve what you want - please start another topic in the club member forums and we'll do our best to help

Geraint
Geraint

Postby betterinc » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Geraint,

Thank you very much. We appreciate you.

Regards

Victor
betterinc
Gold Members

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)