Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Title Text too light

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby wigleym » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 pm

The titles on our events page calendar are too light and not sure how to make them darker. Also if I do make them darker when I you click on an events view I'm worried you wont be able to see them at all if it uses the same font color used on the calendar. Was hoping there was just a standard setting to change this without coding something but cant seem to find any answer on it. Ver 2.2.5
Website is www.restarauntgwendolyn.com

Thanks
wigleym

Postby Tonyp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Hello,

This are determined by your sites template.css

You will want to use Firefox and firebug to inspect it and find the correct class to override.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sodc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Is there any way to get around this? I do not want to change the css for my entire site, just to change the text color on the calendar.
sodc

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 pm

You just need to add a small snippet of CSS with the relevant CSS selector - so that it won't affect other pages.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sodc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Yes, but where in the events menu script would I reference the css snippet that I create?
sodc

Postby Tonyp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Hello,

You would use Firefox and firebug then add the code to your sites template.css

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sodc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

It appears you are not understanding my question.
Yes, I put the snippet in the template.css.

But where do I go within jevents script to enter the tag for the css snippet. In other words I have to tell jevents to look for the css snippet. Where do I go into jevents to say when pulling up text look for this snippet?
sodc

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

No need to change any code - JEvents will have used enough CSS class names/selectors that you can use to control the CSS quite precisely already.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sodc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm

You said earlier:
"You just need to add a small snippet of CSS with the relevant CSS selector - so that it won't affect other pages"

You now say:
"No need to change any code - JEvents will have used enough CSS class names/selectors that you can use to control the CSS quite precisely already."

If the second statement is true, where do I go to change the font color of the text that shows the events for each day?

Reading other posts it says the text color is controlled by the template.css not by JEvents css. So which is it. If it is controlled by the template.css then I need to make a css snippet and put it in the template.css. If I do that I need to get into a jsevents file to reference the snippet.

So bottom line how do I change the calendar text color without affecting other pages of my site.
sodc

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm

sodc wrote:If it is controlled by the template.css then I need to make a css snippet and put it in the template.css. If I do that I need to get into a jsevents file to reference the snippet.

No you don't - CSS can do that for you.

The jevents component output is either inside a div tag with id=jevents_header or jevents_body

So
Code: Select all
#jevents_header h1, #jevents_body h1 {
color:red!important;
}

would change the colour of h1 tags on jevents pages (within the component ONLY) to red but not on others pages

A really good tool to investigate this sort of change is the Firebug addon for Firefox or the Chrome DOM instpector
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)