JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Tooltip Not Working

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby romatjevents » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Dear JEvents and its members,

I have downloaded latest free version of JEvents and set it up just fine on Joomla 2.5. I liked the tooltip on calendar view.

However, as soon as I enabled optimization plugin that combines CSS, JavaScript files, etc., it no longer works.

So on hover I do get the tooltip, but full of PHP code and not nicely styled tooltip. When I disable the optimization extension, everything starts working again.

I tried to exclude some CSS and JavaScript files as well as entire JEvents, but it did not solve the problem.

Anyone had the same issue?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
romatjevents

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Optimising javascript by combining files in this way it not recommended - it can combine files in the wrong order and a single error in any of the script files will stop them all from working.

You should use mod_deflate in apache and setting an expiry date on js files instead. CSS files being combined is ok.

There is a club member article all about optimising performance in JEvents http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... vents-site
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby romatjevents » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 am

Geraint wrote:Optimising javascript by combining files in this way it not recommended - it can combine files in the wrong order and a single error in any of the script files will stop them all from working.

You should use mod_deflate in apache and setting an expiry date on js files instead. CSS files being combined is ok.

There is a club member article all about optimising performance in JEvents http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... vents-site

Geraint, I appreciate you taking time and answering my question. I did not know about mod_deflate. This is valuable information.

I am currently Googling information on how to set it up. Btw, I am using GoDaddy for hosting. If you know an article on how to easily set it up, I'd really appreciate if you could share.

Thank you very much!!!
romatjevents

Postby Tonyp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 am

---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)