JEvents 1.4

User specific

Postby karlosantanas » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi there everyone! First of all BRILLIANT calender does more than I need! However I have a friend who needs something quite clever. Basically it would be an appointment manager for a driving instructor so it could automatically email a student to alert them of their upcoming appointment.
The problem I'm having is making jevents be different for every user if you get what I mean. So Anyone can log on on-line and check the time of their appointment. I was considering making it so that the student can change the time and such, but that's too complicated! Any help would be really appreciated
Cheers
Kyle
karlosantanas

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:56 pm

There are various plugins for JEvents 1.5 available to Club members that allow you to achieve a proportion of what you are looking for.

1. Users can create private events - this could be adapted to allow the event creator to nominate a user (i.e. it would be a private event for the student).
2. There is a new plugin coming next week which allows the event creator to "invite" attendees and also attendees can choose to be send an email reminder.

Basically it should be possible to customise these plugins to achieve the sort of thing you want. Does your friend have a budget that would allow for some customisation?

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.4