Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Template Override for event page  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby andrewpaterson9 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi All

I've been able to use template overrides to change the layout of the year, month, week, and range views. However, I have been trying for ages to find out which php file I need to override to change the layout of the actual event page. Could anyone tell me which one it is?

Thanks
andrewpaterson9

Postby Tonyp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 pm

is is the one located in icalevent as we are an ICal based calendar application.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby andrewpaterson9 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks a million guys- I used detail.php in the icalevent folder, as I wanted to move the view icons tot he bottom of the page.
andrewpaterson9

Postby iqbalsan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 am

In my case I would like to keep it on file so that I can apply version control on it.

My changes showed fine when I was using JEvent 1.5, but now that I've upgraded to 2.2.8, the same path doesn't seem to work. My path is /public_html/jupgrade/templates/acna/html/com_jevents/ext/icalevent/detail_body.php

"acna" is the name of my template. I'm still in the process of upgrade, so this site is still in jupgrade folder. However, currently any edit to that file (detail_body.php) doesn't seem to show any change to the generated page.

I have even recopied the file from /public_html/jupgrade/components/com_jevents/views/ext/icalevent/tmpl/detail_body to start from scratch (I thought that my code from 1.5 might not be compatible), and it also didn't show any change.

For the other pages such as daily view, I succeeded by changing /public_html/jupgrade/templates/acna/html/com_jevents/ext/day/listevents_body.php

Have I overlooked something?
iqbalsan

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 am

The path has not changed for template overrides but if you are now using Joomla 2.5 then the override file needs to be called detail_body16.php.

Also check the selected layout in the JEvents config and also in your menuitem to make suer its using the ext layout.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby iqbalsan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 am

Perfect! Thank you Geraint!
iqbalsan

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)