Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Notification email format  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby tenbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi. Our site sends notification emails whenever an event needs approval. But there's something a bit wrong with the format. Instead of displaying the date and time of the event the email contains the string (literally)

${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]

Any idea why this is happening? It seems to happen for most events, but today I got two mails where the string was expanded correctly to show the actual date.

TIA, Bob

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.7
component_com_jevlocations : 2.0.16
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.4
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1
plugin_jevents_jevlocations : 2.0.16
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0 (not enabled)
tenbob

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:34 pm

that format do you have for the notification email in your jevents config?

the default should be:

Code: Select all
Title : {TITLE}<br/><br/>\n{DESCRIPTION}<br/><br/>\nEvent submitted from [ {LIVESITE} ] by [ {AUTHOR} ]<br/>\nView this event : {VIEWLINK}<br/>\nEdit this event : {EDITLINK}<br/>\nManage your events : <a href='{MANAGEEVENTS}'>Manage Events</a><br/>

this doesn't include the date since the event administrator can see this by clicking the link in the email.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tenbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Geraint. Thanks for telling me the default content for the email. I think someone has tried to modify this to add the date, but it hasn't worked.

Is there a way I can fix this string in order to make the date display properly in the email?
tenbob

Postby tenbob » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi Geraint. Could you please suggest a string that will allow me to include the date in the notification email. The one in my first post doesn't work. TIA, Bob
tenbob

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 am

It is not possible at present - the idea is that you click the link to the event to get the details of the event including the date and time
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tenbob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks, noted. But it would be a useful enhancement to consider for a future version.

A typical use-case is that I receive a batch of emails about events on different dates. They all have the same title and description but the date is different. So the emails are all identical. Being able to include the date in the email would make it a lot easier to handle.

To an event organiser the date must be the most important parameter of all. Regards, Bob
tenbob

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 am

I'll add it in one of the next releases of JEvents 3.0
Geraint

Postby bigjon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi,

Has the ability to add a custom string to the notification message email been added in JEvents version 3? I am using version 3.1.15.

Thanks
Jon
bigjon

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:14 am

You can customise the message using Joomla translation overrides.
Geraint

Postby bigjon » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 am

Hi,

That is not what I would like to achieve!

I would like to add the event category, start and end date to the notification email.

Thanks & regards
Jon
bigjon

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)