JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Need Overlapping Events  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby wm1600 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,

I would like to create overlapping events.
I´m the admin of a sportclub website with differnt kind of sports, archery, soccer and many more.

So I created one calendar with 6 categories, each for every kind of sport. In the maincalender the visitor find all events of the different sportgroups.

It´s importent, that the different sportgroups can create overlapping events. If I try to create an overlapping event, JEvent give the information: "No overlapping events are allowed".

In the configuration > Event editing I had changed the option "Skip test on site referrer when checking overlapping events", but I get no different result.

You have an idea? :roll:
----------------------------------------
Joomla 1.5.8
JEvent: 3.0.1 stable
MySql: 5.0.91-log
PHP: 5.2.17
wm1600

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 am

Did you disable the checking overlapping events altogether "Check for any conflicting events before saving?" and "Check for specific conflicting events before saving?" - you want them both to be NO
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wm1600 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 am

thanks. That was an easy way!
wm1600

Postby pleter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Did you disable the checking overlapping events altogether "Check for any conflicting events before saving?" and "Check for specific conflicting events before saving?" - you want them both to be NO

Doh! I actually went the long way around this when I was having issues, this is a much more simple way, I feel a bit silly now I think about it!
pleter

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)