JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Add events is not working?  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 am

the other possibility is the Wysiwyg editor you are using. RokPad (and others) make assumptions that they are only loaded by com_content and will fail in other components like JEvents.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby austega » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Thnx Tony,

Well I set the Create Event menu page to Beez and tested it and it worked fine, saving a new event in the front end using Chrome.

I then set the menu page back to Protostar and retested it the same way and it also worked fine, deleting a test event and editing another test event in the front end using Chrome.

So either I was on some other planet last week or caused the issue in some ephemeral way with a Chrome setting/usage...

BTW I don't think I received any email advice that you had replied to my question. It looks like I am subscribed to this question. Is there something I am missing?
austega
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello Austega,

Glad to hear. Check your user profile for subscriptions.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Adarini » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 am

Hello.
There is a problem with saving created event - error 500.
Tried with standart template, using Chrome, Explorer, Firefox. :oops: What it can be?
P.S. all other modules save content perfectly
is it .htaccess?
Adarini

Postby Geraint » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 am

Please enable maximum error reporting in Joomla config - is the message now more helpful?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Adarini » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Have not idea what to do. :oops:

Code: Select all
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mydomen/docs/administrator/components/com_jevents/jevents.php on line 40, 67, 28, 26 e.t.c.
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mydomen/docs/administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/config.php on line 28
Strict Standards: Non-static method JEVHelper::loadLanguage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/mydomen/docs/administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/adminqueries.php on line 15
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mydomen/docs/components/com_jevents/libraries/helper.php on line 39
Strict Standards: Non-static method JVersion::isCompatible() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/mydomen/docs/plugins/finder/jevents/jevents.php on line 260
Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /home/mydomen/docs/administrator/components/com_finder/helpers/indexer/parser/html.php on line 33
Adarini

Postby Geraint » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

the last one is the culprit

it looks as though your server doesn't support the iconv method required by Joomla Smart Search.

Please disable the JEvents finder plugin
Geraint

Postby Adarini » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Hurray! Thanks a lot!!! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
Adarini

Postby Tonyp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Please go to:

Extension Manager
Database

And click fix. This should resolve any issue with your sites upgrade.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Adarini » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:48 am

Done. Thanks.
Adarini

Previous

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)