JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Installation fails with server error

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby marque1968 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

Regardless if I use my laptop or PC, Firefox or IE, I keep getting this. I rather ask here what's wrong then with the customer's provider....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, tech-ops@XxXxX.nl and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
marque1968

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am

This is an error with your server not JEvents.

I would suggest checking your Joomla! File permissions then check the error logs in the root & administration folder.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am

could be a php memory issue.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby marque1968 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Well, this is not my own provider. I emailed this hosting provider after all, but they did not respond.

None of the other modules and plugins I have downloaded and installed gave me any issue. Joomla states that it and its plugins are up to date.

Even after switching on the Joomla debug modes, no errorfiles appear to be created (but thank I found an errorfile in the log directory, showing me that somebody had tried to hack the site a couple of days ago).

According to the debug mode, before starting the installation, only 6MB is in use.

I'm still lost....
marque1968

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Did you do a File Permissions fix?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby marque1968 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am

Which permissions should be checked/changed, according to you? Obviously, I won't do a 777 on the whole site. And again, none of the other installed packages have had any problems with the website. Only jEvents.
marque1968

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

Install Akeeba Admin tools and run a permissions fix.

Make sure maximum error reporting and debug mode are OFF when installing components to.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby marque1968 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

I just had a reply from my provider, advising me to upgrade from PHP 5.2 to 5.3. This helped.

First install still gave XML not found errors. Deleted the installation, reinstalled and no error since.

Found out the program does not work for Europe currently, but I will check if other posts are mentioning that, or that I need to create a new topic.
marque1968

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello,

Glad to hear, sorry but what do you mean does not work in Europe? JEvents will work almost anywhere and we are based in the UK.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby marque1968 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Well, I didn't post it here, as it would clutter this topic. I did add it to an existing topic, but as you asked:

When setting either French/UK or Europe/Germany for the date format, or even language, and setting the event settings also to d/m/Y things go haywire. When using the automatic popup you never get back to normal input as it keeps switching formats back and forth. When selecting a date (5th of jan) it keeps giving errors.

When changing to not have the popup automatically it eases a bit, but the errors keep on comming. It changes between 5/1/2013 (5th of Jan) and 1/5/2013 (1st of May) and back again. Only by setting to US format and Y/m/d I managed to enter some events.

Secondly I found still some things need te be improved. 1st because the site is in Dutch as well as English I should be able to have the output shown accordingly. Apparently JEvents does not use the current language for display purposes. I therefor see the date as "Saturday January 5th" in stead of "Zaterdag 5 januari". Extra language based fields would be welcome too, enabling me to differ between "Sold Out" and "Uitverkocht".

Last but not least, I was surprised to see that my menu disappears when I get to the events page. I haven't yet spend any time on determining why this is happening.
marque1968

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)