JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Edit Event Issues

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby PittCaleb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Two issues on the edit events page.

The IMG tag isn't working...
http://screencast.com/t/zvUmJCt1a

1 - The images for Events, Save & Cancel are missing or layout broken. Any idea on how to address this?

2 - I need, very much need, to be able to add some intro text/instructions for editing (really adding) an event. Is there a method to do this? I can't even find the place in the code to insert my own PHP (wrong method, but can't even find that).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Just installed this module today, it is fulfilling my needs. Plan on moving to silver status for a custom module if I can get the basic business needs addressed and approved by management.

Many thanks,
PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby PittCaleb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm

A follow-up question too... Can I set the re-direct page for post-edit and/or edit that page?

PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello PittCaleb,

The img take only loads images not sites with images, i.e. the link you posted the actually image link is:
http://content.screencast.com/users/Pit ... 3_1144.png

1. This is caused by your sites template I'm afraid. I would suggest using Firefox and Firebug to inspect the cause.

2. The text is quite and easy one, I would suggest for easy using a custom module in a custom JEvents module position like:
Code: Select all
jevpreeditevent

and other custom positions are:
jevpretoolbar, jevpretoolbar_year.listevents, jevpretoolbar_week.listevents, jevpretoolbar_cat.listevents, jevpretoolbar_day.listevents, jevpretoolbar_month.calendar
jevposttoolbar, jevposttoolbar_year.listevents, jevposttoolbar_week.listevents, jevposttoolbar_cat.listevents, jevposttoolbar_day.listevents, jevposttoolbar_month.calendar
jevpostjevents, jevpostjevents_year.listevents, jevpostjevents_week.listevents, jevpostjevents_cat.listevents, jevpostjevents_day.listevents, jevpostjevents_month.calendar
jevpreeditevent, jevposteditevent, jevpreeditrepeat, jevposteditrepeat

How do you mean with the redirects? we set it to redirect to the event detail if editing in the front end? what would you want to achieve?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby PittCaleb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:53 am

Thanks for the pointer to the Jevents module position(s). Incredibly useful. Is that fully documented only for the paid customers? Wondering... Trying to get this to 'work' first, then explain to my manager we should pay for this. May be time (thus money) saver to pay now and thus have faster development if the documentation is much greater for silver club members.

That said, please check out this video
http://screencast.com/t/qFwI51kk

That is my 'redirect issue' The video explains it all sufficiently.

Thanks in advance for all the help being provided!

Edit: Forgot to say, the issue with the save/close buttons not showing was a css issue in my template. It specifically set the text to backgroundimage=none which overrode the backgroundimage being set to the proper buttons in the span class. Not entire sure I followed the 'why' of things there, but modifying the css in my template to eliminate that line worked and I haven't see any negative repercussions on any other pages just yet. Problem solved, hopefully for good.

PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:01 am

1. Location of 'submitted and under review message' is controlled by your template's index.php file - move the
<jdoc:include type="message" />
to just before the
<jdoc:include type="component" />
code

2. Redirect after save - this defaults to the event itself if the event is published or to the day of the event if it is not published.

The code to change this is hard coded (i.e. is not a config option) but quite straightforward to change.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)