JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Multi-Categories are reset  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 am

I'm not seeing this problem - can you try clearing your Joomla cache and then disable the Joomla cache.

Does the problem still arise?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

"Use Cache for Events" was always "no" (never turned it on since installation).

I've this time first assigned multicategories to the three test events. Checked the list and multicategories were there!

Then I've just disabled the Joomla Cache completely. Checked the list and each event has only one category left.

I'm really lost here!
sonnenlanze

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am

can you
1. clear and disable the joomla cache
2. Make sure you are not logged in
3. clear the cookies for this particular site or use a browser you have not used before to view the website
4. open the year list calendar view page and confirm that the multiple categories are visible on these events
5. if this is not the case edit one or more of the evnets and make sure they are multi-category and reopen the yuear list in the frontend again
6. modify the legend module
7. Reload the year list page - do the multi-categories still display?
8. If they do not then in the backend of Joomla confirm (by editing one of the events) that the event's multi-category setting is still showing.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Hello, Geraint.
isn't that in FireFox when we change our configurate to anything without about multi-category, and when we click in save it reset onli on site size ( i verified data base and nothingchange it is something on site display code) it is go to first category of we list...(it doing same with seblod in multi-select fields to me)...
SMagnus

Postby bodyblissNetzwerk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I am having the same problem. It only displays the first category in the year view. When I then go back to the event in the backend, the multiple category selection is gone. How can this be resolved? I have tried to understand the thread but cannot seem to find a solution there.
bodyblissNetzwerk

Postby Tonyp » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Hello Bodybliss,

Have you firstly upgraded to JEvents 3.1.6?

Now are you saying the category selection is removed when viewing the event in the backend?

Can you please advise on the steps and errors found?

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby bodyblissNetzwerk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 pm

No, I have freshly installed JEvents recently.

I just saw: The multiple categories are displayed in the calendar when you are logged in. However, we need also people who have not registered to be able to see the multiple categories. How can this be achieved?

I am not talking about the backend, but the frontend view of the calender. Have a look here:

http://www.bodybliss-netzwerk.com/index ... 13/07/30/-

You can only see the category WORKSHOP, although there should also be a second one, which is the city in which the workshop is taking place.

When I log in as user to the right - then it is displayed...
bodyblissNetzwerk

Postby Tonyp » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Hello,

I see. You need to go to:

Joomla! Administration
Extensions
JEvents
Custom Layouts
List row
And replace the {{Category:CATEGORY}} with:

{{All categories:ALLCATEGORIES}}

Many thanks
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby bodyblissNetzwerk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 pm

hmm, I´ve have done that, but it does not do the trick. additionally when I now went back into the backend, only one category was selected again...
bodyblissNetzwerk

Postby Tonyp » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Hello,

Did you enable the List Row layout after saving it?

Also, you say only one was enabled in the backend?

Can you please copy the Support Info from the JEvents Control Panel ?

Many Thanks
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Previous

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)