Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Future calendar

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Hermancollado » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm doing a science fiction web and I need to begin the calendar in the year 5960.
I've been trying it in the configuration panel filling this year in the section "First year to display in calendar", but it doesn'nt works.
Can I do this?

Sorry for my english.
Regards
Herman
Hermancollado

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow Herman,

This is a pretty big scope...

Try creating a Menu Item called Date Range.

Set the time to relative, and use Start to:

+3948y

End say:
+3949y

That should give you a 1 year list view span.

Also, set your JEvents Configuration. start and end dates .

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am

I'm afraid JEvents will not be able to help you.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Because this problem existed on many servers until recently we have restricted the creation of events beyond this date. From what I can make out the issue has been resolved on 64bit servers but there are still restrictions on distant dates built in to the code to avoid problems.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 am

That's very interesting Geraint! Learn something new every day
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 am

We will be able to relax this constraint in JEvents 3.0 which requires PHP 5.3 and therefore more up to date servers.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Hermancollado » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Oh! What a pity!
JEvents was perfect for my project, but I need a future calendar.
You talk about a server´s problem with future dates, but I thinh that's not the problem because i downloaded another calendar modulecalled "Minicalendar" where I can select like the default year the year 5960, but it´s true that this module is too simple and hasn't got the utilities of JEvents calendar.

Thanks
Hermancollado

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

you could try making the changes for yourself and test them out.

Edit the file components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalRRule.php and search for the string 203 and you'll see several references to 2036 and 2037 - you could change these to 9036 and 9037

In the same file replace 2027 with 9027

and use the date range menu item as described by Tony.

Let us know how you get on.
Geraint

Postby Hermancollado » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:20 pm

I've made the changes in the file components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalRRule.php and I've changed in all the file all the:

2036 and 2037 to 9036 and 9037

In the same file replace 2027 with 9027.

Also I`ve done the menu item described by Tony.
It doesn´t works by now. Probably i've done something wrong in the configuration of JEvents or in the configuration of the menu item, may be.
I'm going to continue searching and I let you know.

Thanks for all
Hermancollado

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)