Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

This page in Romanian, would you like to translate?  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby coaleb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 pm

I keep getting this message in my browser, ONLY on the Jevents component page, saying that the page is in Romanian, and asking me if I want to translate the page. The page is very obviously in English, and I do not even have the Romanian language pack installed, yet somehow Jevents is telling my browser that the page is in Romanian? How do I fix this? :|
coaleb

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello,

This is very interesting, it is not something I have noticed?

Is your browser possible in Romanian? It sounds like an issue with built in browsers google translator. Can you disable the translation on this page?

I also just malware scanned JEvents just to be sure there wasn't a script in there.. nope all good!

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby coaleb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Ya I know it's weird, but I checked, and my browser is in English. It only seems to do it on the Jevents component page located here:
http://dev-roperssportsnews.cloudaccess ... /12/-.html

I can't disable translation on just that page, because Google Chrome only gives you the option to "never translate Romanian". Internet Explorer also gives me the option to translate, although it doesn't make a big deal about it the way that Chrome does.

On the source of the page it's clearly tagged as English (lang="en-us"), but I can't help thinking there's something in the component triggering the language confusion since that's the only place it happens. I have reported it to Google, in case it's a false-positive.

We're using the following:

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.1.18
component_com_jevlocations : 2.0.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.1.3
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.1.14
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.1.6b
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.1.13
layout_ruthin : 2.5.2
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.4
plugin_jevents_jevcalendar : 1.3.4 (not enabled)
plugin_jevents_jevcustomfields : 1.3.1 (not enabled)
plugin_jevents_jevfiles : 1.5.5
plugin_jevents_jevlocations : 2.0.8
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.1.2
coaleb

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hello,

Ahh not with JEvents website.

The problem is Google is picking up your Calendars Categories and Romanian text.

Not much we can do that I am ware off... It's a problem with google assuming your text is Romanian.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am

I think its the content of your page - see http://dev-roperssportsnews.cloudaccess ... 3/123.html (which is just your ACTRA events) v.s. your WSTR events (http://dev-roperssportsnews.cloudaccess ... 3/131.html)

Try renaming your categories or some of your event titles - I don't know what algorithm Google is using but it must be driven by the content of the page since the headers all say the content is english.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby coaleb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Hello all,

Unfortunately the categories are acronyms for certain associations and cannot be changed, so it is what it is. You'd think Google would honor the language tag? I've reported it to them again, because it's obviously a false-positive. Thank you guys so much for looking into this, I appreciate it.

best,
Brian
coaleb

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)