JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

silver/gold extensions for latest build on Joomla 3+ ?

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby bandigo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Just invested some time to try Jevents latest build and it looks like something i can use, i am a senior webdev with 15+ years in PHP
Question:
i am interested in your club silver or gold membership, but how do i know what kinda extensions are already available for your latest build on joomla 3+
After browsing this website i could not find clear info what is available for each on the latest build with Joomla 3+
Not at http://www.jevents.net/products/other-club-addons
or
http://www.jevents.net/jevents-club/features-chart
where the latest build is not even displayed :o

I am on a time limit since i have less then 3 weeks left before going life, since my host unexpected switched from PHP5.2.1 to PHP5.4.7 and my current site/development will not work anymore from 1/1/2013 due to old extensions (not Jevents) too much work to rewrite in 3 weeks :)

i am specially interested in:
Hide Event Details from Non-logged in Users
(which i have to change to display to certain user groups)
Custom Fields for JEvents
(which i have to change to display to certain user groups)

Thanks for your time
bandigo
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 am

The supported versions are listed here

http://www.jevents.net/downloads

The "Hide Event Details from Non-logged in Users" plugin will be easy to migrate and I'll get that done this morning for you. [edit: already done]

The custom fields addon is more work - I'll take a look today and see how quickly it can be done.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby bandigo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 am

Thank you ! much appreciated
i decided to pay for Silver (clubmember as of now) and hope more updated extensions for latest build will get available soon. I am checking out your coding as of now, it looks like it's not too hard to build my custom extensions later on. When time allows me...

The Custom Fields would be awesome if you can do that migration to latest build + Joomla 3
I looked at the Custom Fields classes and most of those do need to be updated due to old(er) coding standards.
Starting to like your project though ! It's fairly flexible
Robert
bandigo
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 am

I've started looking into the custom fields - I've been putting off the migration since it used the old Joomla JParameter class which no longer exists so I now need to move everything over to JForm which is going to be quite fiddly.

I'll give you a progress update by the end of the day (UK time).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm making good progress on this and should have something to test by lunchtime tomorrow.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby bandigo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:47 pm

appreciate it !
Robert
bandigo
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm

I've got the file creation, saving and editing working now. The next step is to check the filtering in general and specifically for menu items and modules.

Its taken longer than expected to sort out the fiddly details so its going to be tomorrow before its work testing.

Can you start a new topic in the silver member forum and I'll upload the test version there when its ready.
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)