Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How to build menu items direct to event  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 am

Did you enable the 'new SEF Urls' option in JEvents.

I see URLs like this for my event menu item

http://ubu.jev20j16.com/index.php/olymp ... tail/0/-/-

Where 'olympic-year' is the alias of the menu item - notice there are no references to the event repeat id.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Hello Geraint,

Yes, I did. Herewith attached you can find the screenshot of my configuration.

I'd love to have urls like yours.. :-)

Any more hint?
Best regards.
Attachments
Schermata 12-2456272 alle 15.34.44.png
Schermata 12-2456272 alle 15.34.44.png (63.65 KiB) Viewed 863 times
mitchie

Postby Geraint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 am

Are you using Joomla 2.5.8?

Geraint

p.s. You should not redirect spider/robots to a normal jevents menu item so please make sure the menu item you select is a 'crawler' menu item. See http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... vents-site for more info
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello Geraint,
Thanks for your support.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0

The link you posted is for members only (I'm going to join the club once I'm sure the script fits my needs), so I've disabled the redirect for the moment.

I even disabled all Joomla SEF config but the repetition number is still present in the url.
How is it possible?
mitchie

Postby Geraint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 pm

the repetition number is in the non-sef URL - but as a menu item pointing to a specific event it should not appear in a SEF URL.
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

These are the SEF configs.
Attachments
Schermata 12-2456273 alle 17.48.28.png
Schermata 12-2456273 alle 17.48.28.png (22.98 KiB) Viewed 850 times
mitchie

Postby mitchie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Hello Geraint,
I've just upgraded to jevents 3.0.2 and it still not works. I'm going crazy!

1. enabling joomla seo Search Engine Friendly URLs, event details menu link doens't work anymore. I absolutely need to fix this.
2. Changing the event's date it still changes the event details link (it even breaks the menu item link). So if I use the menu link or the event details link (inside or outside the site) they don't work anymore if I change the event's date.

I joined the club only for the support you are giving me (given for free so far). Please, help me to fix this.
Thanks a lot in advance.
mitchie

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Hello,

1. Have you rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess as per the Joomla! documentation? I just tested it working fully on a new install with 3.0.2 of JEvents.

2. This is actually quite complex. Reviewing the way the system is designed, when you change the date and save the event the event id is changed. I will speak to Geraint on Monday and see if we can force the system to keep the ID if we are just changing the date.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mitchie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 am

Hello Tony,
Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes, of course. When I enable Joomla Search Engine Friendly URLs, with the menu item to event details Jevents goes to "eventsbyday" list, while (with the mouse over the menu item) status bar shows "blablabla/eventname/eventdetail.html". I've upgraded from jevents 2.2.

2. I had a look at the jevents database tables. It seems to me that event details menu link points to #__jevents_repetition.rp_id. From my point of view, event details should point to #__jevents_vevent.ev_id otherwise it is not a "event details" type menu link but it is a "event date" (or "event repetition") type menu link. It is not only semantic matter of course, from this depends everything.
mitchie

Postby Tonyp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 am

Hello,

Have you enabled Jevents SEO?

It does point to rp_id as this is the unique Id of that event. This is needed as when you select a repeating event as a direct link how would it know which repeat when it is going to the event id? I am going to speak with Geraint on Monday and see if we can work a logical way for this.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)