Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How to build menu items direct to event  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Changes to anything apart from the dates/repeat info will not change the id.

We use the id of the event repeat and unfortunately this changes when you change the dates/repeat pattern.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Thank you so much for your fast reply!
mitchie

Postby mitchie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello,
the id change breaks the menu's direct link each time we have to change the event's date. This requires to re-setup the menu's direct link each time.
It seems it's related to #__jevents_repetition table, ev_id field (which is not the key to relate the event to the event's repetition table, btw). This is a problem (form me, of course) because the event canno't be sponsored with a banner (on the same site or on another site, for example) with a direct link to the event details, neither with a menu link or a module with dedicated html code.
Do you think you will fix this in the next release(s)?

Don't get me wrong, this is not a criticism, the extension is amazing. I just want let you know what can be improved.
Thanks in advance.
mitchie

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello,

A link direct to the event should work flawlessly. Once a link is created for that 1 event it does include the date etc but for that event?

Is this not what you were looking for or not what is happening?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mitchie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello Tony,
Thanks for your reply.

I just create a joomla's menu link (event details type) to 1 event. It works until I change the event's date (even without any repetition). Once I change the date (in event's details), the menu link returns server error. Opening the menu link to inspect, you can see the "select event" field empty. You have to re-set it again. This happens each time you change the event's date.
If you select and copy the url to the event, once you change the event's date the url returns server error too.
I hope you've got the picture.

Best regards
mitchie

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello,

Yes this would happen as we use dates to specify events. It might be possible to load via event id / rp id but this might be a very complex option.

Why are you changing the events date?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mitchie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am

Hello,

Yes I think you might have to re-design the data-retrieve query(ies) including some MySql JOIN function.

In sport events calendars are very unstable until jan/february and sometimes date changes also during the seasons (event postponed for weather conditions, for example).

Regards.
mitchie

Postby mitchie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Hello,

it happens even if you change category to the event (no date change). In this case, menu link is still linked to the event (in edit menu link) and seems it is ok, but in site side the menu link returns a server error. Clicking "back" button and reloading the page the following error messages are shown:

Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again
Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again

The same message is shown 21 times.

Then, there is no way (it seems to me) to re-set a menu link to any event I changed category and calendar of.

Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.
mitchie

Postby Geraint » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 am

I just tested this with an event and changing the date. If you use SEF urls on your site then the URL will not change when you change the dates.

The repeat id changes when you edit the dates since we must generate a new set of repeats (even if there is only one) and we can't always be assured that we will be able to match the old repeat Ids

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello Geraint,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I use SEF.
This is a strange situation.

Each time I change the event's date it breaks the menu link. I then have to open Joomla's menu edit window, and set it again with "select event" command (which I find empty after the date change, there is no event linked).
Doing it (I just did it again 4 times) I've got the following url (after clicking on menu link):
http://www.mysite.com/blablabla/eventdetail/2/-/-.html
http://www.mysite.com/blablabla/icalrepeat_detail/128/-/-.html
http://www.mysite.com/blablabla/eventdetail/130/-/-.html
http://www.mysite.com/blablabla/eventdetail/131/-/-.html

Please, note:
in my menu link there is always a number (for your info, the event id in events_vevent db table is 2).
The second time the link seems to refer to the repetition record and id (!!). But I did the same routine!
The third and fourth seem to refer again to the event detail but the event repetition id is reported.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0

I hope this can help you understand what happens to me.

Thanks in advance.
mitchie

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)