Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Month name and nav arrows in Calendar Module?  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby betteroffjed » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Greetings. I apologize if this is a stupid question, I've just spent the last couple hours combing this forum and the web and haven't found a satisfactory answer.

I'm utilizing both the calendar module as well as the latest events module, but in the Calendar module I CANNOT find a setting to make it display the month or year name in the module. In all the tutorial documents it's there, so I'm assuming it's something that's gotten unchecked and I just don't see it.

Additionally, I have no month navigation arrows in the module either. We're only displaying one month, but I should be able to skip ahead and back, shouldn't I? Again, no setting. The only display configuration that shows arrows is "Ext", and apparently it's width is hard-coded and doesn't fill the module space (and its images appear broken, which seems weird.)

Here is the sandbox site: www.thatseemsunnecessary.com/goshen
betteroffjed

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello,

That is a customised module. Did you do this? if not it's possible someone removed the code.

Can you try using a different layout in the module, do they appear?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby betteroffjed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my being slow getting back to you.

I am working off a template that's not of my own design, but it didn't occur to me that the default module setup could have custom definitions, I am unfamiliar with that section of joomla setup. I deleted the original module and added a new one, (modules/new/jevents calendar) and the issue persists. Wouldn't that give me a fresh, generic module?

I tried all layouts, and only EXT gives me arrows but the module width is broken and skewed.
betteroffjed

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:23 am

Hello,

Not necessarily. If they add the module layout as a template over ride it will be stop until you remove the folder.

See:
http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... jevents-15

About overrides.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby betteroffjed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it.
~C
betteroffjed

Postby betteroffjed » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Thank you for your attention here. There is indeed a series of modifying files in that directory, however I have (backed up and) deleted that folder and cleared cache (Joomla and browser), and I still have no month-name/etc on the main page calendar.

For reference I deleted /template/html/mod_jevents_cal

I'm sure this is a stupid fix that I'm just not seeing.

Edit: I actually completely uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking maybe it was broken or something, and that didn't fix the problem. In the EXT view, the navigation buttons are displayed as broken images, is it possible that I'm just missing some image files and that's preventing it from displaying the normal nav icons? (I'd think I'd get broken image links for everything this way, just wondering.)

Thanks.
~C
betteroffjed

Postby Tonyp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Sounds like you might have a CSS override if the images are broken and they have not reset the image paths.

Do you have anything in:

templates/tmpl/com_jevents ?

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby betteroffjed » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not entirely stupid, hah! I checked for that already and NO, there is no tmpl folder anywhere inside the template folder.

Where would the images normally be in a regular install, components/com_jevents/assets/images, right?

This template is such a pain, it's not of my design and I don't expect you to provide support for it. Thanks for paying attention to me.

~C
betteroffjed

Postby Tonyp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Hello,

Have you re-installed the module?

As they might have hard coded the module if you had some one design it.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Also, check for a module class suffix on the module.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)