Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Will Jevents do the job?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mrchimps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 am

I work for a theatre and have built a joomla site that requires a calendar.

We have some multiple events on the same day as well as shows that run for over a month, with random days where it does not run.

For the event that spans the month, i cant list it as one event due to the breaks and because its such a big event on lots of days I dont want to have to add it as the same event lots of times.

Does this make sense? could any one offer any ideas?

Many thanks
mrC
mrchimps

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

You can create a repeating event e.g. repeating weekly on Monday - Friday only. Then if it doesn't run on a particular Friday you can edit or delete that specific repeat.

You may also be interested in some of the club addons where you can attach standardised images to your events, information about cast members and links to their Bio pages, information abuot ticket prices, newsletter addons so you can send list of upcoming events to your subscribers.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mrchimps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Only problem is we have one event that goes on for all of nov, dec & jan - most days apart from sundays and a handfull of others and each day has multiple start times sometimes just 10.30, some 10.30 and 2.15 and so forth.

I dont have a clue on how I could do this with Jevents?
mrchimps

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

You could have the different start times as separate repeating events OR just have a whole day event with the showings info in the event description.

I would suggest you experiment with JEvents and the repeat patterns and creating repeat exceptions by deleting/editing specific repeats to see what's possible.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby barback » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 am

Geraint wrote:You can create a repeating event e.g. repeating weekly on Monday - Friday only. Then if it doesn't run on a particular Friday you can edit or delete that specific repeat.

Geraint

HOW does one delete a particular repeat of an event? In the backend I see each event only one place. Must the exceptions be entered from the front end?
barback
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:24 am

In the backend - click the icon in the 'repeats' column

In the frontend navigate to the specific repeat you want to delete or edit and click the pencil icon
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)