Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Multiple dates for event

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nbrattain » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5

I was wondering if there is a way to create one event, but have it occur at different, periodic dates. Like say I have an event that's happening Feb. 9, Feb. 10, June 3, and September 22.

Is that supported? I haven't seen a way to create multiples dates for the same repeating event outside of the 'daily, weekly, monthly, yearly' settings.

Thanks for the help!
nbrattain

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Hello,

Your best bet would be to create a repeating event.. but as you are having it on random dates edit each repeat afterwards and reset the date to the next date.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nbrattain » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Tonyp wrote:Hello,

Your best bet would be to create a repeating event.. but as you are having it on random dates edit each repeat afterwards and reset the date to the next date.

Regards
Tony

So, I have the event on February 9. That evening, I'd need to set it for the 10th? And then after that, for the one in June?

There isn't a way to set it up with multiple dates ahead of time instead of editing after each event?
nbrattain

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello,

You can use Repeat event, but this only allows a consistent flow.

I.E.

Every Monday, once a month every year etc.

What you want is irregular repeats, so you would need to create the event with x number of repeats set the most likely repeat relevant to save editing as many events as possible.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 am

nbrattain wrote:So, I have the event on February 9. That evening, I'd need to set it for the 10th? And then after that, for the one in June?

You don't need to wait in physical time to do this. Setup the repeats today and then in the calendar navigate to the dates where you want to change the event e.g. Feb 9 and edit that repeat and change it's date to the 10th.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby clarkcoet » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi,
I laso have this problem. I have events that happen the 2nd to last Thursday monthly. How whould I configure this. I previously had a count back but that was based not on days but the day of the week and that worked.
Can't seem to get it going now
clarkcoet

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

Monthly repeats, by week day counting back will work.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby vbenty » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 am

Hi Geraint,I like to join Jevents club ...Can you offer free join member in jevents club???I am waiting for the reply..Keep in touch with us..Thanks in advance :D :D
vbenty

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:06 am

Hello,

Our club memberships are paid for memberships. You can join here:
https://www.jevents.net/join-the-club/levels

Many thanks
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)