Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
When requesting support please follow these steps:
1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.
I have used JEvents, currently version 2.2.8, for long time but lately discovered that in the Joomla 2.5.8 backend
Extension Manager: Manage
there are no data for version, date and author for the JEvents component and after pressing Refresh Cache I get the following error message:
Failed loading XML file/srv/www/administrator/components/com_jevents/jevents.xml
Glad for help and clarification
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm
Your server must be blocking the php request.
You can disable this in Jevents Configuration and set Project News - No.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.
- Team Staff
- Posts: 23698
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Its a bug in Joomla - in Joomla 2.5+ the package manifest file can be called manifest.xml of jevents.xml.
For some reason the page you are using is assuming the manifest would be called jevents.xml.
Its just a warning so can be ignored.
- Posts: 42795
- Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)