Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

improve event layout and predefinied event image

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am

Hello. I noticed your event component and i have to tell you that this is a great component because it contains so many features that others components don't have.
Finally i found a component that allows to share event only with a specific user (classical example: birthday party).
But i noticed that your layout is very simple. I would like that it was possible to choose from many event template more detailled.
Also i would like that when user create an event, it load a predefinied event image if event creator doesn't load a custom image.
What do you think?
Best regards
french150
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 am

See the 'templates' available to club members http://www.jevents.net/products/club-layoutsthemes and the layout editing tool http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... ut-editing

The standard image/file addon (http://www.jevents.net/products/standar ... le-uploads) allows you to upload standardised images to your events and if there is no event it can fall back to the category image which in turn falls back to a default image specified in the plugin.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks for your fast replies. I saw predefinied image video, but please it means that admin can set a predefinied image loaded on every event created if creator doesn't load other?

Also if i buy club member could you help me to customize the event layout?

Thanks

Best regards
french150
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 am

Hello,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question?

The plugin allows adding an image to each event individually.

It is also built in that you can add images to categories.

We can certainly try our best to provide guidance if you are experiencing issues.

Kind regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 am

I hope to explain better. Imagine this scenario. User create a new event and he doesn't upload any event image. But i am talking about main event image not the images attached to event. So if creator doesn't upload main event image (the images shown also on event module), the component will insert the predefinied image choosen from admin.

Best regards
french150
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 am

Hello,

You can set a predefined image for the Plugin via URL, so if no image is uploaded it will use the url image.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am

Perfect. Please could you tell me the size of main image and thumbnail to, or the component resize them?
Thanks a lot!
Best regards
french150
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 am

Hello,

You set the sizes in the plugin parameters. It resizes them using PHP. So we recommend not using images bigger than 1-1.5mb really.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks for your excellent assistance :D
french150
Gold Members

Postby french150 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello. I saw your layout templates. I only know if it is possible to create a nice template of the event details by inserting some bar, for example like jomsocial event page. Your event is with a white page like background event. I am searching something nice to present event page.
That's all.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
french150
Gold Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)