Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents and personal calendar

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby borja » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello

I 've got an application that used jevents and i would like to know if there is a method that allow an user to export easily the data that is in my application in jevents to his personal calendar(mobile, gmail, yahoo or similar).

I put the great majority of the dates at the beginning of the year, but i add new data during the year. Is it possible to export this data at the beginning of the year(or when the persona wants) and later update autmatically the personal calendar?
borja

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Create an iCal export menu item and use this to generate a url to import into your personal calendar app or google/yahoo calendar.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby borja » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Geraint,

I see how can i create the menu item. the second parragraph about updating automatically the data, can be done?

Thank you in advance,
borja

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 pm

---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby borja » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:25 pm

I´ve done the ical menu and i´ve got and file with this content:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//jEvents 1.5 for Joomla//EN
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
END:VCALENDAR

I cannot create more data inside the file. What can i do wrong? i select a category with data.
borja

Postby Tonyp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello,

Make sure all data you wish to export is selected when you click export. Copy the URL given rather than clicking and use this for your calendar.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby borja » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 am

Mi version is 1.5.5. Maybe i have to ask this in another forum.

i get the file witht the events and i import this in my google calendar. the problem is that if i change sth from the jevents plugin, it didn´t change in the calendar of the user. That is a problem. CAn we solve this?

I try also, putting the url of the link that create the calendar file export in my google calendar but the result was the same.when i create a change in my jevents, the change doesn´t appear in the google calendar.
borja

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 am

Hello,

So are you saying changes you make on your calendar JEvents do not appear on the google calendar? have you checked how often google pulls the calendar in? have you made sure that the JEvents calendar takes preference in Google?

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby borja » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm

How can i change the parameter of pulling the calendar in in google\calendar?

if i use the file, i only see events. i don´t see any url to pull the events in.
borja

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Hello,

Copy the download url. So the url you click to download the file just right click and select copy link.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)