JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Import Gcalendar via ICAL

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby simo78bis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi, I have a problem importing the google calendar,
when I try to create a new calendar by URL, entering the path in ICAL format provided by google calendar, clicking "Upload from URL ICAL" JOOMLA returns me to a blank page that says "Importing events from ical file https://www.google .com / calendar / ical / ************************* / basic.ics
I hope this is a URL! '

the page remains so without apparently nothing, and does not create the imported calendar.

As a beginner I do not know if it's my configuration error or a problem Jevent the beta.[/size]

thanks
simo78bis

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:03 am

Hello,

It is hard to tell. Can you try importing to a local ical calendar? Does that work?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby simo78bis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 am

don't work..... when click to load ical from file it's open a blank page " bImporting events from ical file /tmp/phpktrsxc" .
simo78bis

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 am

In which case, it's a problem with your Calendar url. I would check this works. What happens when you access the url directly does a file download?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby simo78bis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 am

yes if I go directly to the url, ics file is downloaded.
You want the url of my test calendar?
simo78bis

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 am

Either the URL or the content of the file that is downloaded would be helpful.

The other possibility is that you are running out of memory if you are importing a lot of events. Try enabling maximum error reporting in the Joomla config (server tab).

finally are you running JEvents 3.0 in Joomla 2.5 or 3.0?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby simo78bis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

URL
https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/co ... /basic.ics

My configuration is Joomla 3.0 stable version with JEvent 3.0

when I try to import ICS with error reporting the result is this :

bImporting events from ical file https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/co ... /basic.ics
I hope this is a URL!!
Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JevDate::$offsets in /var/www/joomla/components/com_jevents/libraries/jevdate.php on line 60
simo78bis

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 pm

this problem has already been fixed and will be in the next release early next week. If you want to make the change in the meantime then see https://github.com/JEvents/JEvents/blob ... evdate.php
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby simo78bis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

thank you very much. One last question, you can update using joomla google calendar?
simo78bis

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello,

That does not make much sense? Are you wanting to update google calendar with Jevents?

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)