Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events 'vanish' from Lastest JEvents display  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mcrosbie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 am

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.3
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3

Thank you for all your hard work to bring JEvents to the Joomla community. It's much appreciated! :)

I'm using the Latest Jevents Module to list upcoming events. The users of my site heavily rely on this display. My users have noticed that if we have an event scheduled in the evening, the event will 'vanish' from the display in the afternoon and 're-appear' later that evening. When this happens, they falsely believe that an event has been cancelled.

Today, I have 3 events on the calendar. One at 5:30pm and two at 7pm. All 3 events displayed in the module yesterday and this morning. Around 2:30pm I noticed the 3 events for today had vanished and later (at ~6pm) started to appear again. Now (8pm) they are all back in the module display.

I have the following Basic Settings in the module:

Use Settings: Use Settings Below
Custom Format String: ${eventDate('D M j - g:i a)}<br>${title} - ${url}
Maximum Events to Display: 6
Display Mode: 1 (Have tried the other modes during the problem without success)
Display Events the of the next ? days: 5
Measure time from now? Yes
Past Events: All Events

I have searched the forums extensively unsuccessfully to find someone else reporting this same problem. I have also tried to locate the code to see if I could review the logic to try and spot the error to no avail. I suspect it's a timezone related issue but without knowing where the code is, I'm stuck.

Please help.
mcrosbie

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 am

Hello,

Very interesting.

1. Please updated to JEvents 2.2.8 and modules to the latest release i.e. Latest Jevents is 2.5.6

2. Measure time from now: No

This will mean it measures it from that day and not right this second. Which means less chance of them disappearing that day.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 am

Also when you report back please give us your JEvents timezone settings from the config,
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mcrosbie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:37 am

I let the problem occur again today because I sync from an extension calendar to JEvents with an hourly cronjob and wanted to first rule out a problem with the cron/sync. I used a program to capture a page on my site with both the Latest Jevent module and weekly calendar every 20 minutes. The following image clearly shows that there are 2 events for Oct 25th in both the module and the calendar at 11:58AM (CST). My timezone setting in the JEvents Config (Component Tab) is 'America/Chicago':

10-25.1128.png
10-25.1128.png (111.88 KiB) Viewed 464 times

.....then 20 minutes later, the vanishing starts (5 hours from the event):

10-25.1148.png
10-25.1148.png (111.91 KiB) Viewed 464 times

You can see that the first event (at 4:30pm) has vanished from the module but not the calendar. I verified that the next event disappeared after 2pm, 5 hours before it's start time (7pm). The events both re-appeared after their actual start times, 4:30pm and 7pm respectively.

I have installed the recommended updates:
Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3

and will capture snapshots every 20 mins tomorrow to see if the problem re-occurs.
mcrosbie

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 am

Do you have Joomla caching enabled - please try clearing this if an event disappears.

Can you create a test clone event to match on of the imported events with all the same time settings to see if that disappears too.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mcrosbie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Looks like the software upgrade fixed the problem. I had 2 events on the calendar for today and they have not vanished!!!! :D

Thank you both for your help and quick replies back. Have a great weekend!

-Mark
mcrosbie

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)