Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

No very fair…  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby frankietb » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am

Hello,

I am not so happy with your way of taking care of your clients.

I did take a few months ago a silver subscription and I did install a Jevents on a website without any problem with some extensions (notify, attendee,..)

Now my client asks me a few corrections and I need the documentation or some access to the forum….and I cannot get it because my subscription is over.

If I buy a software, I get the documentation and I don't have to pay for it every 6 months !!!

I would perfectly understand if it was to get a new version of the component but having to pay 40 Euro for a advanced documentation that I already paid for… makes me a little nervous. This is not fair at all.

Best regards
François
frankietb
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am

You can access all the documentation with a bronze membership (which is a lot cheaper) as well as the bronze member forum.

Unfortunately we can't provide lifetime support with our current pricing structure which we keep as low as possible. What a lot of members do is take copies of all the member only files and articles so that they can refer to them after their membership expires and then they only need to consider rejoining when they need to upgrade.

What specific question so you have at present? I can provide answers in this forum as long as its not too detailed.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby frankietb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

As I said, I do understand that you cannot provide a lifetime support but I really think that the documentation should be available to your paying customer... And it is also true that I didn't download your whole site when I had the subscription...

Anyway, maybe you could help me for two little things...

1) month.calendar_tip : If I use the field "TTTIME", It shows me the date, time and if it is a unique or recurring event. I don't need this last field. Where can I remove this field ? (You can just tell me where is the file with TTTIME)

2) Event Notifications and Messages : Can't we just a little personalize the sent email... it is really a draft (I know that we can change the fields and the text but I would like to insert some spaces between lines and some code (for exemple html like <i><hr><b>,…. ). It doesn't seem to accept code actually or I didn't find the way to do it.

Thanks again and best regards
François
frankietb
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 pm

TTTIME is set in components/com_jevents/views/default/month/tmpl/calendar_cell.php - if you are using the default layout in JEvents then copy this file to templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_jevents/default/calendar_cell.php and edit the copied file.

If you are using another layout e.g. iconic then copy the file components/com_jevents/views/iconic/month/tmpl/calendar_cell.php to templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_jevents/iconic/calendar_cell.php and take the function from the default/calendar_cell.php and include it in your iconic file and change it there.

In Joomla 2.5 you can use the HTML editor in the plugin parameters to change the messages and the key thing is that the filter allows raw HTML through.

What version of Joomla and of the notification plugin do you have?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby frankietb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks again.

I use Joomla 2.5.6 and Notification plug in 0.9.13… when I type code in the fields, it erases it after saving.
frankietb
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 pm

I can't remember version 0.9.13 specifically (we are on 1.0.3 now) but check for the definition of newmessage in the xml file it now looks like

<field name="newmessage" type="jevhtml" filter="raw" default='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE' rows="6" cols="40" label='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE_LABEL' description='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE_DESC' />

notice the filter="raw" part
Geraint

Postby frankietb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:26 pm

<field name="newmessage" type="jevtextarea" default='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE' rows="6" cols="40" label='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE_LABEL' description='JEV_NEW_EVENT_MESSAGE_DESC' />

…no raw and no jevhtlm…. should I change it with those new parameters ?
frankietb
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 pm

you could try adding the filter="raw"
Geraint

Postby frankietb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Perfect, thanks very much. Just what I needed.

Best regards.
François
frankietb
Silver Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)