Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Date and time font adjustmets

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby chriso0258 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.7
component_com_jevents : 2.1.18
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.1.6b
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.8.4

When an event is displayed, the date and time are showing up under the title aligned left. How can I either make the date and time disappear, or adjust the font size and alignment to something that works better for me (which is what I would prefer to do)?

I've tried using firebug but was unable to locate where it originates. Also, any changes I make might be overwritten if I apply and update to Jevents.

Thanks for your assistance.
chriso0258

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Hello Chriso,

Using firefox and firebug you can try adding CSS to the classes and see what takes effect remembering to apply !important to the css to overrule any other css.

However, in event detail you can customise this output in:

JEvents->Layout Defaults->Event Detail.

Then one you have customised it make sure to publish it.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby chriso0258 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 am

I had tried customizing the layout but couldn't get it to work. Now I know why.... :oops:
Tonyp wrote:... make sure to publish it.

I've now customized my pages. Thank you.

1. Will upgrading to a new version delete the customization? If so, what do I need to do to save it?

2. Can I create more than one customization? If so, is there a thread that explains this?

Thanks again.
chriso0258

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Upgrading will not overwrite your saved layouts.

Can I create more than one customization?

You mean different layouts for different categories? Not possible at present.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)