Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

problem on configuring Jevents

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby samuelwktang » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am

Hi,

I am new to JEvents. I have installed Jevents 2.2.8 in Joomla2.5.

After installation, I found a error messages as follows: ___________________________________________
Calendars not setup properly.

You must have at least one published native calendar which is marked as the default calendar. It must also have a valid category association.

Click on 'Manage Calendars' to correct this.

I tried to create a default calendar, but I still got that message. Is there anything wrong in installation?

Please help.

Thank
Samuel
samuelwktang

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am

Is this default calendar public access and published? Also make sure it is a native JEvents calendar and not an imported calendar.

AND make sure you have a public access category setup too and that you set this category as the default category in your calendar.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby samuelwktang » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Geraint,

THanks for your fast response.

In fact, there is no default calendar created after installation. I just created one but the error message still there.

I also try to add event to the calendar, when I creaete one event and save it, the page stop working and become blank page. I refreshed the page and the event is in fact not yet created.

Thanks
Samuel
samuelwktang

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Geraint wrote:AND make sure you have a public access category setup too and that you set this category as the default category in your calendar.

Also make sure your Joomla is up to date (2.5.7)

finally for your white page see the request in the pink section above - it applies to white pages as well as 500 errors
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby samuelwktang » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Geraint,
Thank, I can create event in the default calendar now.

THe version information as follow:

I want to let other users to create their own calendar. I have enabled the "User authorization" and the "access admin interface" option for registered users in the JEvents configuration page.

But I cannot add users into the "authorized user" page. So the registered users still cannot create their own calendar and events. Only the super user appear in the user list.

Would you please help to solve this?

Thank
Samuel
samuelwktang

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Hello Samuel,

Users cannot create their own calendar.

I think what you need is the Private Events Plugin.

Which will allow users to create their own events etc and limit them.

Further more, you can user another plugin User Specific Events to show specific users events.

The reason you cannot add the users is because you need to set the rights for registered users to create events in the permissions tab. We do have a plugin which can automatically create the users available to our Silver Club Members.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby samuelwktang » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi Tony,

Thank for your reply.

I got some problem when I turn on the debug mode of Joomla.

I found many error messages appear (shown as follows) when I open my webpage.
--------------------------------
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2.5\administrator\components\com_jevents\libraries\config.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2.5\components\com_jevents\router.php on line 45

Strict Standards: Non-static method JVersion::isCompatible() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2.5\components\com_jevents\libraries\jevdate.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2.5\components\com_jevents\libraries\helper.php on line 740

--------------------------------------------------

Would you please help me to solve it?

THanks,
Samuel
samuelwktang

Postby Tonyp » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Samuel,

You need to disable strict standards in xamp.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)