Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Google ICS import with same start & end time spans to 2 days  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello,

What is the probably exactly?

The start and end time in that event is the same?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby jasondean » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Yes the start and end times are the same. From the previous posts, this issues has happened to others. All 26 of the events in this file have identical start/end times. When imported into Jevents, the event is created but it spans 24 hours rather than no time. It should just enter an event with no duration.
jasondean

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 am

To check - should these events be starting at 5.30pm EST and then have no end time?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jasondean » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes. The times are correct based upon the source information. If I had control of Pointstreak's site, I would set it differently (a two hour window instead of no duration).
jasondean

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Can you try changing the file components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php at line c. 259 from
Code: Select all
$vevent["DTEND"] += 86400;
to
$vevent["NOENDTIME"]  = 1;

Do these events then import correctly?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby gosnc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm

I was having this same issue with multi-day events being created when I was trying to import ics schedules provided by pro sports teams (nba, etc). These events usually don't have a specified end time.

I wanted to let you know that I tried your below change and it worked. Reimporting corrected the events to show only on the single day they occur. (edited to add that I am using JEvents v2.2.8)

==================

Can you try changing the file components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php at line c. 259 from

$vevent["DTEND"] += 86400;

to
$vevent["NOENDTIME"]  = 1;
gosnc

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)