JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Frotend: Event creation  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I've got it! :D

It was your hint with the ascii-characters that lead me to testing with InternetExplorer (instead of Firefox)

But it's not the "Leerzeichen" [space characters] which matter, but the "&"-sign in the description of the feed.

Eliminating the "&" out of RSS description in Component / Module properties solved it. Now RSS works excellent with both IE an Firefox :-)

Result:
- non-ascii ("Umlaute") in category names and content is allowed
- "&" (and whatelse more?) in feed description is bad
Ted

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pm

One aspect is missing for my complete luck with RSS:
how can within the RSS-Link to the event the appended option "?tmpl=component" be suppressed? It's because I'd like to get the event displayed in the normal template environment where the website navigation is shown...

Example:
Given RSS Link is:
http://www.tedrichley.de/index.php/event-einreichen/icalrepeat.detail/2012/10/22/2/-/es-laeuft?tmpl=component

What I want is:
http://www.tedrichley.de/index.php/event-einreichen/icalrepeat.detail/2012/10/22/2/-/es-laeuft

I've been investigating in parameters and files for hours with no success...
Ted

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello,

Why would you want to remove the component part?

This is to remove the sites modules etc from the url.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Tonyp,

I guess you didn't understand me right. Not to remove the whole link, but only the appended "?tmpl=component"

This appending forces a bare view of the component without the navigation facilities of my website.

If you'd try both links, you'd recognize, what I mean :-)
Ted

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Hello,

I understand correctly. But removing such from the URL I believe it will no longer work correctly as a valid RSS Feed? or at least from my understanding.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Hm, but when I use the Link without "?tmpl=component" it will lead correctly to the event, in this case embedded in the template of my website?!?
Ted

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello Ted,

What is it exactly you are trying to achieve? what you are talking about is an RSS Link, this is designed to display a list of recent events depending on its configuration.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 am

Ted wrote:I've got it! :D

Result:
- non-ascii ("Umlaute") in category names and content is allowed
- "&" (and whatelse more?) in feed description is bad

That is very useful to know - I'll add the code to strip out special characters from this description for the next release.

Your testing input is very valuable - thanks

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Ted » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Your testing input is very valuable - thanks
Gerain - your software is very valuable, thanks :-)

Once more to the matter with RSS-Link. Unfortunately my language skills may be too low to make it clear...
Hello Ted,

What is it exactly you are trying to achieve? what you are talking about is an RSS Link, this is designed to display a list of recent events depending on its configuration.

Tonyp, in the following two pics I'd like try to show, what I'm trying to achieve:

Effect of actual RSS Link:

Aimed effect of shortened RSS-Link:

[unfortunately the pics are cut in width of view - for complete view open in seperate photo viewer]
Ted

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

thanks - that is a problem introduced in Joomla 3.0

If you add this code
$link = str_replace("&tmpl=component","",$link );
after line 42 of components/com_jevents/views/modlatest/tmpl/rss.php it will remove this tmpl=component element
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)