JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Frotend: Event creation  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

thanks for the report - can you replace line 258 with this instead:
Code: Select all
      if (JVersion::isCompatible("3.0.0")){
         $this->indexer->index($item);
      }
      else {
         FinderIndexer::index($item);
      }
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby adhills » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks for the quick response. However, always the way huh :), I now get the following error in the pop-up windows when I select "Add an event" on the frontend:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PROTECTED in /clientdata/zeus-dynamic-1/a/d/adelaidehillsonline.com.au/www/plugins/finder/jevents/jevents.php on line 272

Cheers again for your assistance :)
adhills
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am

You dropped a closing } after the block of code I gave you when you edited the file.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby adhills » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks, that was it. Now "Add an event" works and saves. So the next thing I've noticed is the following error above the Test Event that I created:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /clientdata/zeus-dynamic-1/a/d/adelaidehillsonline.com.au/www/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultloadedfromtemplate.php on line 30
adhills
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 am

thanks I've already spotted that one. It will be fixed in beta 3.

the correct code block should be
      if (!array_key_exists($template_name, $templates))
      {
         $db->setQuery("SELECT * FROM #__jev_defaults WHERE state=1 AND name= " . $db->Quote($template_name) . " AND ".'language in ('.$db->quote(JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag()).','.$db->quote('*').')');
         $templates[$template_name] = $db->loadObjectList("language");
         if (isset($templates[$template_name][JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag()])){
            $templates[$template_name] = $templates[$template_name][JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag()];
         }
         else if (isset($templates[$template_name]["*"])){
            $templates[$template_name] =$templates[$template_name]["*"];
         }
         else if (is_array($templates[$template_name]) && count($templates[$template_name])==0){
            $templates[$template_name] = null;
         }
         else if (is_array($templates[$template_name])){
            $templates[$template_name] = current($templates[$template_name]);
         }
         else {
            $templates[$template_name] = null;
         }
      }
Geraint

Postby adhills » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

That did the trick and all is well again :)

I'm looking at taking up either the silver or gold club level as I'm looking for a calander template that'll better work in my site (http://www.adelaidehillsonline.com.au/i ... 12/10/23/-) with our templates colours/styling as right now we're using the 'ext' calendar template as it displays the monthly calendar view the best.

All other views, like by year, by week, by day, by category, event detail view and add event pages, etc are hard to read and don't look as smooth or as nice as the monthly view.

Do you have other calendar templates, for silver or gold members, that will better display on my site?

Again, thank you for your time and assistance. It truly is refreshing!
adhills
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

You could try the Iconic layout (see http://www.jevents.net/products/club-layoutsthemes) - the screenshot is in purple but its also available in green.

Also for this layout you can show the month and the week view of events as a calendar (with multi-day events spanning multiple cells) or as a list.

These layouts are already available for Joomla 3.0/JEvents 3.0.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Geraint, thanks for your reply!

1. after having edited an event in the backend, a click on "save" delivers the message "There was an error - bad token...". No problem, when doing that in the frontend
I don't see this - are you checking overlapping events?
Is it a popup message or a Joomla error message?
-> The message I receive looks like this:

I've replaced the code in rss.php, no error message anymore, but the RSS-Feed is empty :roll:
If you want to take a look: http://www.TedRichley.de

@TopCop, also thanks for your advices concerning Joomla upgrade! I proceeded like you wrote, but even with further information of another portal there seems to be something wrong... I've patched the index.php of isis, and now in the footer of backend version 3.0.1 is shown, but any actions regarding actualisation of Joomla deliver error messages... I know, this is off topic here, so I took this over to Joomlaporta.de
Interested people may look here (comment #18 by KTR) http://www.joomlaportal.de/joomla-3-0-i ... sed-2.html
Ted

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

The RSS content is actually not empty - view the page source in firefox or chrome.

This blank list problem usually arises when non-ascii characters are included in the output - can you try renaming your category from Ankündigung to something without an umlaut. Does that help?

If it does then we may need to escape special characters in category names.
Geraint

Postby Ted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:31 pm

You are right! The page source contains all that should be there!

Renaming the category at least makes the Feed-Header visible while abonnement-request, but still no further content is viewed. Also the abonnement-feed still shows "Dynamisches Lesezeichen konnte nicht geladen werden" ["Dynamic feed could not be loaded"]

Now, I've still got non-ascii characters("Umlaute") in the content, hm :?:
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)