Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Differences between plugins?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby chocovo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello,

I would like to know what the diference between event registration plugins, what are they do and why Attend JEvents is not for JEvents 2?

1) Simple Events Registration for JEvents 1.5.5 & JEvents 2.0.
2) Attend JEvents for JEvents 1.5.5.
3) RSVP Pro - Invitations, Attendance and Reminders for JEvents 1.5.5 & JEvents 2.0.

Thanks.
Best regards.
chocovo
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 pm

1. simple event registration - a very basic addon ("I will attend" question). No custom fields or pricing. http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... gistration

3. RSVP Pro - custom fields, invitations, reminders and the ability to charge (paypal, manual or using Virtuemart). See http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... istrations, http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... nvitations, http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... -reminders.
2. Attend JEvents (see http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... uick-intro). Custom fields and the ability to charge (manual or paypal only). This is a long established addon what proved difficult to extend and so is being phased out and replaced by RSVP Pro.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby chocovo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Ok Geraint, Thanks a lot.
chocovo
Bronze Members

Postby theresathomson1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

My client will either use the Simple Event Registration or the advanced one which allows event payment. The plug-in descriptions indicate you must be a logged in user to specify you're attending an event. My client wants to allow her clients to sign up for classes, but she is the only one setup as a JEvents user. The question is, does a client need to have a login first in order to signup for an event or can a website visitor specify attending without logging in? Or is this only a requirement for the advanced event registration plugin? Also, if a login is needed,what is the process? Does the website visitor need to create a login first while visiting the website so they can specify they are attending an event?
theresathomson1

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello theresathomson1,

You can configure RSVP Pro to use Email Based Registrations. This allows public members to register for events.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby theresathomson1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Please let me know if this is the way registration would work if I use the simple registration plugin. I would need to create an interface on the website so website visitors could create a login as a Jevents user. Somehow the user would need to be registered via the website to only have permission to register for events. Is that possible? I assume the user can then register for events while viewing the event in the calendar, correct?

Another option is to allow public members to register for events via RSVP PRO using email. Is this relatively easy to setup? Is their any mailing software needed or other plugins needed to enable the email based registration?
Thanks,
Theresa Thomson
theresathomson1

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello,

No the simple registration plugin is designed for the site users to quickly tick and box and hit attend, Allowing the system to catch their information.

So Yes you would need to allow users to register on the website. The user can only register for the event whilst in the events detail.

With RSVP Pro, it is a massive and versatile plugin. But following the instructions yes this should be easy to setup. No it uses Joomla!'s mailing configuration, and our component for managing registrations.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby theresathomson1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Just to clarify, with the Simple Registration plugin, I would create an interface on the website so that a visitor can create a Jevents user by themselves, right? Just want to make sure you don't have to go into Jevents backend to create the user.

Thanks,
Theresa Thomson
theresathomson1

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Hello,

Not a JEvents user a Joomla! user. We just using the Joomla! user management and pull their username, id and email from that to associate their attendance.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby theresathomson1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Is there any RSVP Pro documentation I can look at to find out more about email based registrations so public member can register for events? My client may want to go with RSVP Pro but wants more detail on how this would work.

Thanks,
Theresa Thomson
theresathomson1

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)