Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Layout (styles) not loading

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ericb81 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi,

I just upgraded joomla 1.5 to the latest version, and also upgraded JEvents to the latest 2.2 version. Now my site does not seem to change layouts (I guess styles are not loading correctly). I don't know where to look or what to look for. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric.

Version information:

Joomla : 1.5.26
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
plugin_system_langoverride : 1.3.4
ericb81

Postby Tonyp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello Ericb,

Are you saying your site? or JEvents. If you are referring to your site. I would first ask what version of Joomla! did you upgrade from?

Also, Is your template up to date?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ericb81 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick response. I actually mean the JEvents style. Sorry for being unclear.

It seems that changing layouts in the JEvents configuration panel does not have any effect. All boxes in the calendar views are transparent for instance.

Hope you can help.

Eric.
ericb81

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:15 am

Hello Eric,

Did you previously have a subscription at any point and maybe had a club layout?

If so please change to a non-club layout.

What version of JEvents did you upgrade from?

Also, make sure to clear your sites and browsers cache in case of any pre-stored CSS.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ericb81 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 am

Hi Tony,

I have not been using any of the club layouts or any other custom layouts, and I have never been a subscriber. The default layouts have always been running fine. I'm not quite sure which version I upgraded from, but I'm pretty sure it was a 1.x version (1.5.x?).

As far as cache goes, I have verified that all caching is disabled for my joomla site and in the JEvents component. Just to be sure, I cleared the joomla cache on the control panel.

My browser cache does not seem to be the problem either, as I have manually cleared it and tried navigating to the calendar on different devices as well (with same results).

What about uninstalling / reinstalling JEvents? Or will that drop my database as well? I'm really in the dark here..

If it helps, I can also send you a link to the page.

Kind Regards,
Eric.
ericb81

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Check the menu item parameters - what layout do you have specified there?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ericb81 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Geraint,

Actually when switching the setting within the menu items settings, it finally worked! I have my old layout back!

Unfortunately I did not mark what the original setting was. But it is clear that it dit not have the setting which was there before the update.

Anyway, thank you guys for the solution and the fast responses. Really excellent support.

Eric.
ericb81

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)