Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Only one event shows up when using manage event icon

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby terrytebbs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 pm

It was already disabled. I then enabled it and of course I received an error message. Disabled it again and I have the same problem with only one event showing.

Now what???
terrytebbs

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Hello,

Please make sure you are using JEvents 2.2.7 then disable it and save the config then enable it and save the config.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby terrytebbs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I won't lose the events by doing this will I? I have hundreds and hundreds inside.
terrytebbs

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 pm

No you will not.

But it's always a good idea to take a backup.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby terrytebbs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 am

I disabled JEvents and then Enabled it. Same thing happening. Only one event showing. Any other ideas?
terrytebbs

Postby Tonyp » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 am

Not disabling JEvents, I mean disabling multi-category support.

Version 2.2.7 included an SQL Query to be run upon changing the multi-category setting which updates the events to show if multi-category is enabled.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby terrytebbs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Is the problem I am having something you have seen before? Sorry, but I have no idea where I would go in the backend to disable multi-category support.
And I have no idea what this means: Version 2.2.7 included an SQL Query to be run upon changing the multi-category setting which updates the events to show if multi-category is enabled.
I have used JEvents for several years and have never run across this before.
terrytebbs

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Not seen this one before - that is why we're askling the questions.

Multi-category support - see the event editing tab of the JEvents config. Make sure this is set to no and then save the config.

With Joomla debug mode enabled, load the page that shows only one event and then go to the tab that says 'database queries' and look for the long one that looks like its fetching jevents data. That is the query we would like to see.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby terrytebbs » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Multi-category support - see the event editing tab of the JEvents config. Make sure this is set to no and then save the config. (It has been set to no.)

With Joomla debug mode enabled, load the page that shows only one event and then go to the tab that says 'database queries' and look for the long one that looks like its fetching jevents data. That is the query we would like to see. (This is over my head and cannot located the tab for database queries.)

My limited knowledge is now getting in the way of solving this problem it appears. Any suggestions.
terrytebbs

Postby Geraint » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 am

Give me the URL and leave debug mode enabled so I can find the query
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)