Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events not visible in backend when created!  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby padalec » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Suddenly a strange error happened on my Joomla site. If I create an event I can't see it listed in backend.

I've checked the database in phpmyadmin and I can see the events which I created (in table xyxyx_jevents_vevdetail).

I've tried to uninstall the jevents component (and modules), I even deleted (droped) the database tables, then reinstalled the component, but events that I create are not visible in back end.

Please help.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.7
component_com_jevents : 2.2.7
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.7.2
padalec
Silver Members

Postby pjvr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Same problem here, just can't figure out why...
pjvr

Postby padalec » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I will explain when this problem started to happen. I don't know if this is correlated to this problem but it may help someone.

I'm working on a new site. I had some dummy events and categories (in default language) which I styled with CSS.. then when I was done, I begin creating three event categories (each category for each language), then I created some new calendars, and then I started filling events. When I saved the first event, all events in event manager disappeared. But, those dummy events created earlier were still visible on webpage (in calendar and module, but not on back end (event manager)).
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 pm

This is a very peculiar issue.

Can you take a screen shot of the admin events list?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby padalec » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I recorded a video instead of a screen shot.
link: http://youtu.be/pNT4hssi7Jo
Hope it helps.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm

It is possible you enabled multi category support?

Can you upgrade to JEvents 2.2.7 and go into the configuration and save it. If that fails open it again and change the multi-category selection back and forth.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby padalec » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 pm

I already have the latest version of jevents 2.2.7 and jooomla 2.5.7.

I tried to enable and disable multi category support in configuration but events are still not visible in event manager.

I discovered a new error (don't know if it is somehow related): when creating new event if I click APPLY this error is displayed:
Fatal error: Call to a member function rp_id() on a non-object in /store/cpanel/home/theartph/public_html/administrator/components/com_jevents/controllers/icalevent.php on line 769
padalec
Silver Members

Postby padalec » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Ok ... maybe I found the source of the problem. It seems this error has something to do with jevent category language setting.

When I set language on jevent category on ALL (instead on preferred language) all events are visible again.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 am

Do you have a multi-language site?

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby padalec » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 am

Yes I have a multi-language site with two (later three) languages enabled.
padalec
Silver Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)